PDA

View Full Version : Rear camber -2.5 degrees after lowering and getting alignment?

dasalnt
04-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Well, i lowered my car last week and then went ahead and got the alignment done. Everything on the front came out fine. camber is -1.17 left front and -.94 right front. The toe is also within the specified range. My problem is the rear where they said the best they could adjust the camber is -2.56 left rear and -2.68 right rear. From what i read the front doesnt really have any sort of stock adjustments but the rear of s14's do. If this is the case, i would assume they should be able to get it within spec. Did anyone else have a problem with their camber after lowering their car and getting an alignment? Thanks

kazuo
04-13-2005, 12:46 AM
Did anyone else have a problem with their camber after lowering their car and getting an alignment? Thanks

Yes.

Lowered my old S13 with sportlines, about 2" drop all around. Camber was stuck at -2.5 and couldnt get it any lower.

There ARE adjustments on S13 and S14 in the rear for camber, but, by slamming it, you are modifying the suspension geometry which prevents you from lowering the amount of camber.

Either raise your car back up or get adjustable upper arms to change the camber.

Good luck

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
04-13-2005, 01:00 AM
change ur front camber to -3.5 nd then that should be ok. -1.5 or osmthinglike that will tear ur sidewalls wen u turn

LigouriRd
04-13-2005, 07:18 AM
You are correct about the front, there are no adjustments except playing with the slop in the upper strut mount. You will have to get adjustable camber plates or eccentric bolts to fix that.
There is some adjustment in the rear of the s-14 but not much, My car is dropped 1.4" with the adjustments maxed out the camber works out perfect. Anything lower than that and you will prolly have to get some adjustable upper control arms.
Actually with the exception of the variance in the front camber (Mine weren't equal either @stock) your settings aren't that bad. I have never heard of this: -1.5 or osmthinglike that will tear ur sidewalls wen u turn I'm running -1.2 degrees front camber right now. Your rear settings sound typical of a lot of autocrossers (~3 degrees), just take out as much of the toe as possible or you will wear the inside edges of your tires out.

DRFT180
04-13-2005, 09:16 AM
-3 is alot I would suggest getting ruca's and setting the rear to no more then -1.5

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
04-13-2005, 11:06 AM
im not autocrossin but i have my front set to -2.5 nd i have gay tokicos nd gay teins s techs, ther not stiff enough so my car sways alot, i have changed all my arms nd have largus sways, but my car still tends to sway a lot, so wen i turn my side walls still tear up. -3.5 on ghey tires i had before ddnt work out but with these new ones i think -3.5 will b ok. i guess it matters wat kind of tires u have, if it sucks like my other ones u wont be able to brake. but on any car i dont think u should go less then -1.5 thats too possitive