PDA

View Full Version : sr20 major problems

apluc
04-12-2005, 01:35 PM
I searched the site and couldn't find anything that related to the problems I am having so sorry if I missed a previous post. I have redtop swaped into a '90 w/no ac and no ps. It ran fine for about 2 months after the swap.

All of a sudden when getting on the highway it started backfiring and flames started poping out of the exhaust until it would stall out. I pulled over and checked all of the piping and everything was tight. I got the car started again and drove it off the highway before it started acting up again. Eventually it wouldnt start anymore. I came back the next day, it started but then stalled out again. I replaced the MAF and it still acted the same. We checked the TPS, and the injectors,the ignitor, the plugs all of the ecu wiring, all of which seem to be fine. Finally I unplugged the coolant temperature sensor off of the side of the engine and the car ran fine. Drove home and then to work the next day with the sensor still unplugged and with no problems. I plugged the sensor back in yesterday and it read inside the car fine, and the car is still running good.

Of course I am still worried about the car because other then changing the MAF (which didnt change anything at the time) I havent made any adjustments.

Any help is much appreciated!