PDA

View Full Version : JDM to USDM climate control question

IWINULUZ
04-08-2005, 01:40 PM
i need to know what all do i need to put a digital climate control off a JDM S14 silvia Front clip to put in my 1995 240sx? any help would be greatly appreciated thank you - Jason

BSeay
04-08-2005, 02:28 PM
I've been told this is teadous (sp?) as hell and takes lots and lots of work...i think it's been covered on here before so you should search....http://www.ileet.net/images/Couple.jpg

Dutchmalmiss
04-08-2005, 03:38 PM
there's a write-up here and at freshalloy.com. just search. i think it's for s13 but i believe they're the same thing as far as wiring. correct me if i'm wrong.

SilviaDriver
04-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Russ is the only person i know that has done it successfully. mayb because hez a wiring guru shaolin master?

its in his red s14. he did a brief writeup on FA, but its more than meets the eye. would he do it again? from what i remember. no.

its more than just the unit and wiring. theres also sensors that needs to be done. i have pics, but im not gonna post up his stuff w/o permission. if he sees this, which im sure he will since he browses the Tech forum a lot, he will post it if he wants to himself.

projectRDM
04-08-2005, 09:14 PM
And my name is called.

Go to FA and read my writeup, it's not bad if you have everything you need, but if you don't or if you have any doubts about your wiring skills it's pointless to try. In my book it's a five on difficulty, for most others it'd be a twelve.

And for the record, a scan of both US and JDM FSMs will tell you everything you need to know without clogging up space on this forum. It's simple as hell to follow the schematics and realize the changes.

And any pics of my car can be posted, just give credit where it's due please.

drew300zx
11-08-2006, 01:14 PM
i know this thread is way old, i am going to attempt to do this install, i am pretty good when it comes to wiring and everything, and i am ase certified in electricity so i think i should be able to figure it out, i got the wiring diagrams from all data, R240NA i went to fresh alloy to look at your post and i did a search and couldnt find it then i searched by user and couldnt find you, is that post still on there?

projectRDM
11-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Username is RDM II on FA, but it may be gone. When they decided to rip my mod status and say that I "haven't ever done a single thing for the 240SX community" I went through and deleted nearly 1200 of my old posts out of spite.
Plus their new search engine works about as well as a clogged toilet on the Titanic.

FaLKoN240
11-08-2006, 02:18 PM
That's a damn shame, I know that you're knowledgeable. Fuck FA, stupid hard to read forum. LOL.

drew300zx
11-08-2006, 03:40 PM
ok r240na i just searched through all 451 post started by you on fresh alloy and didnt find anything on the digital climate control, i was wondering if you have it saved on your computer or anything, i really just need the jdm s14 wiring diagram and any other info would be greatly appreciated, and i have searched google and all the forums and have not really came up with anything

chuonthis
11-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Get the UK S14 SR20DET FSM...not sure if I can/should post a link to it here...just Google for "uk s14 sr20det fsm". Around page 650 is where the digital climate control stuff is. I'm currently working on installing mine and *hopefully* I'll be able to do a write up afterwards. Couldn't find info on S14 installs when I first started, just S13. But with the help of Russ, Ken Flores (not sure if he's on Zilvia), and common sense, I should hopefully have it done this weekend.

Edit: Never mind, Googling for that only brings dead links. Google for "S14_SR20DET_FSM" instead. I found at least one good one.

drew300zx
11-08-2006, 08:55 PM
he chuonthis i searched google for the S14_SR20DET_FSM, it came up with 6 pages and every page that had a link to either see it or download it did not work, what webpage did you get it from?