PDA

View Full Version : exhaust smell

JDMark
04-02-2005, 02:04 PM
so i recently replaced my testpipe with a pdm catyltic converter. everything bolted up nice and pretty sure its not leaking. but now it smells exactly like the rotten egg smell of a bad cat converter. is there anything else that would cause this smell or does this thing just suck ass? this a sohc with intake/header/exhaust btw. thanks for your help
-mark

crioten
04-02-2005, 06:17 PM
drive it around for a while, usually new exhaust stuff will make weird smells as the stuff thats in them heat up...

should be fine after a little driving

holisticbeatz
04-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Did you install fresh gaskets?

JDMark
04-03-2005, 01:16 AM
its actually been on for about 2 weeks, and yes fresh gaskets. im just confused as to why it smells exactly like my 15 year old cat when i first got the car. people have said they didnt pass emissions with the pdm cat, im geussin its just a pos. would anything else cause the rotten egg smell tho?

sr240mike
04-03-2005, 01:22 PM
Unburned fuel kinda has that smell too. You sure you dont have any exhaust leaks?? With the engine running, put your hand around all the connections and feel for leaks.

speeddreamz
04-03-2005, 03:06 PM
heh...mb banana or egg in your exhaust trick...

Nah, just wait it should go away, sometimes in cheap gas there is sulfur , on the next tank of gas u should b ok.