PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Swap

gfisch
03-28-2002, 03:04 PM
I am selling the arts for a 5spd trannt swap on ebay from my 240 i am parting out and wanted to know if the ECU is necessary for the swap.
Does anyone who has done the swap know what is necessary in terms of wiring. I am including the harness that was attached to the tranny, but what else would be necessary?

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated

Greg
ex '95 SE

drift freaq
03-28-2002, 07:29 PM
Greg,
if they are puting it in in a 95 and newer yes they will need the ecu. if its 93 or older than they do not want your ecu because it is OBDII . They can get away with running the auto ecu or finding a OBDI ecu.

Dave

geeaj
03-28-2002, 08:32 PM
Dave,

The tranny you have lined up for me..is that a 95+ tranny? Check your inbox, I sent you a private message.

Lata

gfisch
03-29-2002, 07:41 AM
Dont see a message there from you, but yes, it is from a '95.

So, what about the wiring itself, is there anything else thats needed or needs to be modified? Can you just plug i the new ECU? I would think there must be some wires that needs to be run such as from the clutch pedal.

gfisch
03-31-2002, 11:01 AM
Anyone done the auto->5spd swap before that would be willing to give me some more info. on how the wiring has to be done. I know the hardware will work, but really dont know about how it will hook up to the electrical system.

Thanks,
Greg