PDA

View Full Version : another question

ELITEBB127108
04-01-2002, 09:57 PM
i thought about getting the sr20det, but i decided to just keep my ka24de. but the question is, is it better for me to rebuild the engine i have, or get a used one with less milage and better condition? i thought the rebuild is better...
any answers?

and, im going to turbo the ka, is it better to cut the cylinders bigger or to leave them? how about compression if i turbo the ka? any LEGAL turbos? GREDDY? if not legal, what happens if i get pulled over by a cop and actually notices the illegal turbo?
thanks for the help!

dsjunkie
04-01-2002, 10:25 PM
well i'd rebuild (that's what i'm doing) cause then you know what's in your engine (for example, put performance parts in there like better piston rings for example to prepare for the turbo so you dont have to mess w/ it later on) and everything will be running like new.......and if you get pulled over and the cop asks you to pop the hood and you're not legal then he'll just write you up a fix-it ticket....make sure everything else is legal (ie ride height) cause if he find one he'll check them ALL and write you up an ass load of crap your pocket book or insurance company will not like