PDA

View Full Version : WTF is wrong with my car!

squalsme
03-29-2005, 06:55 PM
ok, some of you might remeber me posting a few weeks ago about my 1993 240sx not starting!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/squalsme/mine2.jpg

this car right here. (its a KA)

WELL, GUESS WHAT, IT STILL DOES NOT WORK!!!!

basically, i dont know what else can be done. its not the distributor, nor the fuse, nor the relays, nor the grounds, nor the starter, nor the fuel pump, nor the spark wires, nor the spark plugs. its not even the warn out wire harness next to the left fender. its not teh alarm b/c i disconnected it.

after a few weeks of EXPENSIVE trouble shooting...i have come to this. my injectors are not getting signal. nuthin coming from the ecu. i have purchased a 3 of them. one that worked, but got shorted out. 2 more that didnt even send out a check engine light.

somthing keeps killing the ecu. any suggestions?

is there some common wires that may get messed up?

PLEASE, EVERYONE, I NEEED YOUR INPUT AND HELP.

thanks,
Nigel

tchenku
03-29-2005, 07:01 PM
first off, great ride! i like!

now, i've got a friend that has the same damn problem. gone through some major troubleshooting and still nothing. folks, help us out here. we need it!

Seng

SimpleSexy180
03-29-2005, 09:55 PM
youll probably just have to check the WHOLE harness

420sx
03-29-2005, 10:07 PM
recheck the harness. take a look at cpu. get that electric plug cleaner at the store, unplug the harness, clean the plug, plug it back in.

if that dont fix it, its somewhere down the line in the harness.

you said ur harness is damaged, that actually might be it. i dont understand why u saying its fine. could be
a) shorting out
b) injector wires are damaged

ledzeppelin240
03-29-2005, 10:50 PM
Did you disconnect the negative battery terminal before changing the ECMs? How did you diagnose the ignition system? Have you checked the operation of the CAS? The KA uses an LED/Optical CAS and they do require cleaning at times.

Just some questions so that we are on the same level...

sr240mike
03-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Its obvious that you have a short somewhere in your wiring harness. Open up one of the fried ecu's and take some pics. Your car looks pretty low, are you sure that in the passenger side wheel well the tire didnt tear up the wiring harness?