PDA

View Full Version : ?? on same turbo but on different cars

AenjukuCar
03-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Ok a buddy i have is thinking about selling me this package of 555cc, exhaust mani (log style) and his Turbo which is a SC50 with stage 3 wheel. Now his turbo doesnt really kick in till like around 5500rpms in around there. He has a S13 redtop and I have a S14 Blacktop, now my question is since it will be going on my blacktop will there be any different spool-up characteristics or like spooling up faster or slower till full boost?? or will it still be in the same range?
He's upgrading to GT30/40R to get ride of lag and have faster spool up time. He's really giving me a good deal and i'm not sure whether to buy his turbo or not? I really want to make more horsepower, but i will need a turbo upgrade, he's giving me three main pieces of the pie instead of me just going out and buying new everything.

the head
03-28-2005, 12:39 PM
I am going to say the same charistics will apply based on the fact you have equal displacement and equal flow (same manifold) so charistics will be roughly the same

Angel
03-28-2005, 01:55 PM
What ar is he running on that 50? It should boost considerably earlier than that. But to answer your question, going from from redtop to blacktop should not change the behaviour signifigantly, a little because of the vtc perhaps...assuming there are no issues with either motor ( timing, leaks etc. )

nlzmo400r
03-28-2005, 02:00 PM
well the redtops are known to have a higher flowing head, which would essentially make your boost take a little longer (maybe a couple hundred rpms), but then agian, you do have vtc (unless you've disabeled it) which should cancel out the higher flowing head of the redtop. SOOO all in all, it should be the same. If its that good of a deal, and you know your friend has taken care of his stuff, then go for it.

AenjukuCar
03-28-2005, 05:20 PM
What ar is he running on that 50? It should boost considerably earlier than that. But to answer your question, going from from redtop to blacktop should not change the behaviour signifigantly, a little because of the vtc perhaps...assuming there are no issues with either motor ( timing, leaks etc. )

It does boost up earlier, but full boost is not till higher, i drove his car and i was like pedal down not going, not going, not go......oh shit!! counter steer!! :eek2: Almost hit a damn sign, cause i wasnt expecting it too be that much and he's only got like 350rwhp.

Yes I still have the vtc, I think the only way to disable it is to get HKS or Greddy Adjustable cam gears.

wootwoot
03-28-2005, 07:34 PM
Why do those injectors seem small to me?

AenjukuCar
03-28-2005, 07:49 PM
well they are tomei 555cc's sidefeeds. That's what was in the car when he bought it off paul souder, he's also going to give me new rings.