PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump re wire HELP

s13dan
03-24-2005, 11:08 PM
I need a re-wrie write up for a redtop SR and a walbro 255. i need to rewire with 10 ga and i have no idea what to do. i know i need a 30 amp relay and fuse. and i have part numbers. but i dunno how to actually do it. my battery is in my trunk so i was hopinh i could use a foot of wire and hard wire it. but then the pump would be on all the time. i want it off when the car is off. anyone know where i can see how to do this.

s13silady
03-25-2005, 03:22 AM
there was a thread i did a while back...cant seem to find it but here...

Relay in trunk near fuel pump.

10-12ga. power wire direct from battery to input on relay.
Stock fuel pump power wire to + trigger on relay
Ground - (neg.) trigger and neg pole of relay to chassis

Stock fuel pump power will flip the relay, which in turn will power the fuel pump directly from the battery.

Worst case scenario and you blow the relay, just reconnect the stock wires and call it a day.

ENTHALPY on here should have a more descriptive write up, but i cant seem to find it... but then again... im too lazy to do your own work...
ANSWER (http://www.zilvia.net/f/search.php?)

wootwoot
03-25-2005, 08:08 AM
Whats the benefit of doing this anyway? Ive heard it spoken of before

orion::S14
03-25-2005, 10:10 AM
The higher elec load of a big fuel pump can't be supported by the stock wiring, especially on ~15 year old S13s.

This will insure the pump can flow what it's supposed to...fuel pump flow is directly related to the voltage it recieves.

- Brian

s13dan
03-25-2005, 12:31 PM
my 255lph is prolly a 190lph right now.. and thanx silady

s13silady
03-25-2005, 04:27 PM
np... yah you cant really really feel a difference... but at least your at ease knowing that your getting enough fuel... but iirc.. i dont think the stock injectors flow past a certain amount though... not for sure though... elaboration anyone?