PDA

View Full Version : New turbo mani, need help with studs

Nismo180
03-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Okay I just got my new SSautochrome Turbo manifold back from the coaters. I am putting the studs in and... well I don't know how much torque to put on them. I am talking about the two sided studs that go between the header and the turbo there are four of them. I've heard they like to back out so I'm already planning on extreme lock-tite and some JB weld on the ends that stick out. But, does anyone have any torque specs for them?

blubottlemax
03-24-2005, 12:59 PM
If they coated the studs as well, you should get a tap and run it through to clean the threads off before you install the studs. Performance Coatings did that to mine, and a quick run with a tap took care of it. I just used some high temp locktite on mine. I doubt you'll find any actual torque specs, since the stock SR manifold doesn't use the same studs. I through a nut on one end of mine, put the locktite on the other, tightend them down, and then left them for 24 hours before removing the nuts. This gave the locktite time to cure, so the studs didn't loosen up when I tried to remove the nuts. Worked for me. Good luck. :x:

Nismo180
03-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Awesome thanks for the advice, yeah I cleaned the threads really good on both sides. That's pretty funny that we both live in the same area and went to the same place. I got the titanium finish what'd you get?

blubottlemax
03-24-2005, 10:52 PM
Ha ha, I also got the titanium finish... it looks great, I just hope it stands up well to the heat.