PDA

View Full Version : whats messed up

burnout180
03-23-2005, 08:55 PM
Heres what is really messed up. I changed my stock intercooling pipes and put in a skyline GTS recirculating blow off valve and now I have some problems.
when I start and idle, the engine runs normal then accelerates then runs normal then it accelerates and it keeps doing that while idling. also when it reves up by its self the engine shakes violantly as if its going to cut off.

Also when i start to move from a complete stop and press the gas it chocks then recovers and starts to go. it also feels like its down on boost and also the waste gate doesn't make as much noise as it used to so i think its down on boost.

I have three therorys that may be causing this:
1) When i cut some of the aluminum pipes i didn't clean them out so some metal shavings may have gone up in the throttle body. how would this effect the engine and how can i tell if this happened?

2) their may be a vacume leak from the intake vaccum line near the throttle body also the size of the pipe that that vaccum line connects to has a samaller diameter and also its closser to the throttle body than the stock one was would any of those things cause that.

3) And finally there maybe a leak on the silicone boots that connects the intercooler piping. but heres the thing i have all the clamps tightend up. Is there anyway i can test for leaks or are there any tricks to preventing leaks.

I know this is alot of questions but i really need my car to turn back into the proformance car it used to be.

burnout180
03-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Also I heard today that most of the vacum lines on the ca don't need to be hooked up because they really don't do anything except control some emission crap. But where i am from their are no emission laws so can someone explain to me what ones to keep on or what ones to take off an what they do.

I'm running stock except for a 3" down pipe and a HKS turbo intake and a skyline gts recirculating blow off valve.

420sx
03-23-2005, 10:03 PM
theres a leak. the bov cant hold the presure at all the springs got real weak. try to push the spring, if it takes 1 finger u need a diff bov or recirc this one differently.

you got a vacum leak basically. also make sure everything is connected properly, like coldpipe is not half way on/off.

if u have a leak it will stall out like that, burn oil and run real rich.

ultraDorksGarage
03-23-2005, 11:28 PM
if hoses can stand up to it, u can spray some carb cleaner on joints, if theres a leak car will stumble. beware though carb cleaner is nasty stuff...

and sorry have 0 experience on a CA18