PDA

View Full Version : SR Fan Belt Issues

dephrag
03-22-2005, 01:50 PM
I've got a REALLY BAD Screeching noise coming from one of my belts.. It used to just happen at startup, but now its 90% of the time when Im driving..and it's so incredibly embarrasing.. Anyways I'm told it's prob the tension on the belt... But I can't tell what belt, cause its so damn loud, it's like putting a foghorn beside your ear, and trying to tell what tone it is..

It's an SR btw, so the belts seem to be easy to get at. There are just the two belts at the front, there might of been a 3rd, AC ? but it looks to of been removed. I'm just going to take this into a shop, but question is, what belts do I order? Do I ask for Sentra belts?? Its oviously not going to be a regular KA belt, so I dont want the mechanic to screw up!

And also what is the correct way to determine if the belt is tight enough.. My dad said that you shouldn't be able to flip or turn the middle part of the belt upside down sorta...

Thanks,
JAmes

NZO
03-22-2005, 11:18 PM
Alternator.............. Gates K050370
Powersteering........... Gates K040345
A/c..................... Gates K040345

or http://www.store.yahoo.com/phase2motorsports/oemsrv.html

I believe you shouldnt be able to twist the belt more than 90 degrees in the center (between the pulleys)

SirWarrior
03-23-2005, 12:27 PM
alternator is on right (pass) 14mm
PS is or left (driverside) 14mm
They are loose. use the 14mm to fix!
But if you need to go into a shop to get it done........ "I pitty the fool"