PDA

View Full Version : opinions needed! got a few Questions

sil80forme
03-13-2005, 06:25 PM
ok well resently i have come to realize that i spun a bearing. now, do it pull the motor out and replace the bearings and rings in that motor? or do i just get a new ka? what should i do? now take into consideration i already have the bearings and rings, and money definitly is a prob right now, for new motor. can i switch out the old bearings? will it last? and last but now least i am currently lookin into gettin a 95 ka, and i have a s13, i know the distributers are different. so can take a s13 distributer and put that in the 95 ka, so i dont have to get the whole ecu and harness for a s14? thanx hope someone can help me out!

DJPimpFlex
03-13-2005, 06:53 PM
I wouldnt rebuild the KA. Theres a lot of other things that need to be replaced when you rip open a KA. It need to get new gaskets, test bearing journals and shit. In would just get a new engine. As far as the distributer problem, I have never heard of anyone doing that in the swap. Just get the ECU and everything and do it right. BE A MAN! DO THE RIGHT THING. 34.50.

wootwoot
03-13-2005, 07:53 PM
I say get a new motor for cheap, one that is guranteed to run. After you save up a bit of money I would rebuild the older motor and throw it in

Projekt_Sil80
03-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Theres quite a bit of people selling KA's for cheap like $200 give or take. I'll just get a new motor, SR even better