PDA

View Full Version : FUEL pump sr20 vs rb25??

JKim0901
03-11-2005, 02:14 PM
which one flows more?

whats the injector size is on a r33 gts rb25??

reason why i ask is because the local importer has two sr fuel pumps and two rb25 fuel pumps and was wondering which one to get?

thanks in advance for the responses guys

Yoshi
03-11-2005, 02:50 PM
that really depends on your build plans, how much power are you going for?
And why wouldn't you jsut got the safer route and get a NEW walbro? (or brand of your pref)

the head
03-11-2005, 03:06 PM
personally i would not buy a used fuel pump

JKim0901
03-11-2005, 04:35 PM
the used one is cheap really cheap. Im running everything stock on a 240 fuel pump and im just a little worried about it, i dont boost more than 7 lbs and sometimes 14 occationally at the track and i dont want the fuel pump to fail me.

so max 14 lbs on stock injectors

Yoshi
03-11-2005, 06:57 PM
the used one is cheap really cheap. Im running everything stock on a 240 fuel pump and im just a little worried about it, i dont boost more than 7 lbs and sometimes 14 occationally at the track and i dont want the fuel pump to fail me.

so max 14 lbs on stock injectors

14?! WTF man. That's REALLY not a good idea on many levels... since cost of the pump is such an issue for you, I"m going to guess that you have a redtop. The stock T25 really shouldn't be going past 13 or so, or you're past efficiency, and that's WITH proper fuel. If you're running 14 at the track on the stock USDM pump, you're just asking for a popped engine. Just off the top of my head, I know 2 guys that have done the same as you, and ended up either rebuilding the engine, or replacing the whole thing. Leaning out is BAD; you should be worrying less about the pump failing, and more concerned about it working at full capacity and just plain not being able to keep up.

Danger Will Robinson, Danger! :)

On that note, if you stick to stock boost, you SHOULD be okay, but your fuel pump is NOT somewhere to be cheap. Get a cheap interior, get cheap paint, get cheap rims... none of those things would cause a catastrophic mishap (probably, heh) but leaning out most definitely will.

JKim0901
03-11-2005, 08:33 PM
thanks for your input yoshi, i know how important air -fuel ratio is, and yes i have a stock t25 on my blacktop and it has computer tuning with richer fuel maps. i know the peak efficency on a t25 is at 13-14 lbs of boost.

95% of the times im running 7 lbs and sometimes when im bored i just turn the boost up a little and even when i do the avcr is set so the boost dies down at higher RPM's

the price is not too much of a concern on the fuel pump, i didnt spend 3 grand on the engine worrying about a 100 dollar fuel pump, all the parts that i bought were only for safety instead of performance (i.e. alu rad, new oil pan, new water pump, oil pump, crap like that)

so back to my question, which one flows better since its gonna be practically free??

fliprayzin240sx
03-12-2005, 02:09 AM
God, dont be stubborn. Do you really wanna risk running a used pump that you have no idea if itll hold or not. Last thing you need is for your pump to malfunction and PoooF...your looking for another block. And believe us when we say that anything more than 7 psi on the stock 240sx pump is stupid. KA pumps cant keep up with the 370cc injectors. Your SAFC may be saying its pushing it, but you definitely dont have the FUEL PRESSURE to go with it.

But hey if you dont care about buying another engine...id say just stick with SR pump.