PDA

View Full Version : S14 Greddy FMIC Install

driftracer
03-05-2005, 07:00 AM
Hey guys,
I have searched through these forums for a few hours, but I am not finding the right information I need for this install.

There is a mounting bracket that goes from the top of the intercooler to right under the hood release on the frame of the car. The bolt I need to use will not fit in this bracket and I am wondering if I need to drill the hole in the bracket to make it a little bigger, or am I doing something wrong?

The only drilling that any of the threads I have found said that it was necessary for the battery tray, and that has been done. Hopefully my question is clear enough for you guys to understand and answer. Thanks

driftracer
03-05-2005, 07:02 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention, this is being installed on a '95 240 sx...sorry about that.

timmybgood
03-05-2005, 10:12 AM
i know what you're talking about.

however the bolt does fit through the bracket. you must've taken out the wrong bolt. mine fit with no problems whatsoever. i have a greddy type-s fmic on a 95.

Doriftomodachi
03-05-2005, 11:03 AM
I thought HKS makes the type s and greddy makes thr vspl and rspl

Red
03-05-2005, 01:59 PM
I just mounted mine right to the car.. no spacer needed...

driftracer
03-05-2005, 05:30 PM
I don't get it. I looked at Red's pictures of the intercooler installed and I am wondering how you got it to fit between those two frame pieces on the chasis that meet at the end tanks. It couldnt fit, so I used that Z looking mount braket to give the intercooler an angle and actually reach the the two wholes under the frame for the bottom of the intercooler. I am seeing pictures of people using this bracket and some not using it. I am not getting anywhere with this :(

driftracer
03-08-2005, 08:40 AM
Okay, I received an e-mail from a fellow zilvia member, and he's seeming to make the most sense so far. Basically, parts of the bumper support will have to be cut to allow this FMIC to fit. If this is so, what did you guys use to do these modifications? Look's like I'll have to make another stop at Lowe's :p

MakotoS13
03-08-2005, 09:03 AM
im guessin a sawzall would fix this problem.

driftracer
03-08-2005, 01:13 PM
So there is no way around this, right...to install a S14 Greddy FMIC, I have to modify the bumper reinforcement?

Flybert
03-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Yes, you always have to modify bumper supports before you put FMIC kits in your car, unless you go custom and mount it farther back. But then you have to modify your car to fit it in there. Do some research next time.

timmybgood
03-08-2005, 03:49 PM
take off bumper support, mount intercooler, hold bumper support up to see where it needs cut, put your sawzall to use.

i also had to cut out a small section at the front of each frame rail so it'd fit snug, those pieces were only like 1.5" square