PDA

View Full Version : wtf!

01SaturnL200
03-01-2005, 10:36 PM
ok, my car (92 KA) has been boggin the past couple of weeks, ive just dealt with it, but now im tryin to fix it and cant figure it out......

i dont the basic tune-up, plugs, wires, cap, rotor....... u know....

well its still doin it, then i tested the alt and it was bad, so i changed it. it got alot better, well today i decided to try to figure out what the rest of the problem was and i found out that my plugs are fouled out, AGAIN! this is the 2nd time ive fouled out these plugs, they are NGK plugs.

ok, here is the problem.....when the car is cold, it revs, to about 2500 then it "refuses" to rev any higher, i can drive the car fine until i hit about 2500 rpm's, after that it starts to misfire, and shake and all kinda shit starts to happen, if i floor it nothing happens it just does it a lil faster, i have a feeling its my knock sensor, because im pulling a code 34 detonation code.... but the one thing i havnt checked is my MAFS.....anybody think this might be the problem? it all started after i took my stock airbox off to try to clean my engine bay....could i have gotten something in the MAFS or messed it up if i droped it on the ground from about 6"'s? im confused please help me i dont wanna pay to take it anywhere...... :cry:

dunno
03-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Well, try replacing your MAFS first. Dropping computer parts has never been part of a factory tune-up procedure. Did you replace your coil and fuel filter along with your basic tune-up? Because you should have. :)

-Matt

01SaturnL200
03-02-2005, 06:39 AM
yup i replaced both

ryan hagen
03-02-2005, 06:57 AM
sounds like your maf isnt hooked up, my little wire safty thing fell out of mine once and it kept coming off and it ran like that. my buddies had a problem idleing and we changed the o2 sensor and that fixxed his idle, but anyways sounds like ur in the safe mode running super rich.

usally if a ka is running bad replace:
clean or replace maf
water temp sensor to ecu
O2 sensor
cap/rotor/wires/plugs

01SaturnL200
03-02-2005, 10:50 PM
aight man ill try the mafs.....thanks

MELLO*SOS
03-02-2005, 10:58 PM
sounds like your maf isnt hooked up, my little wire safty thing fell out of mine once and it kept coming off and it ran like that. my buddies had a problem idleing and we changed the o2 sensor and that fixxed his idle, but anyways sounds like ur in the safe mode running super rich.

usally if a ka is running bad replace:
clean or replace maf
water temp sensor to ecu
O2 sensor
cap/rotor/wires/plugs

Yup I second the MAF being unhooked or disconnected from the ECU somehow. Your car is running in limp mode, that comes on if you unhook even a healthy KA's maf. It's using some built in fuel mapping which is probably why your plugs are fouling so fast :)

01SaturnL200
03-05-2005, 01:04 PM
well i changed the ingnition coil again today, cause it was throwin a code 21.....still messin up, im starting to loose hope on this car :(

MELLO*SOS
03-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Are you still getting code 21 or other codes? You checked the MAF?

Dream240
03-05-2005, 03:08 PM
alright I'm confused, the s13 has an external coil? Cause my s14 has an internal coil. And to replace the coil you have to replace the distributor.

hmm.....

Rownan
03-05-2005, 05:55 PM
alright I'm confused, the s13 has an external coil? Cause my s14 has an internal coil. And to replace the coil you have to replace the distributor.

hmm.....

Yes S13 ignition system uses an external coil, S14s don't.

01SaturnL200
03-06-2005, 12:11 AM
no, i havent changed the MAFS yet cause i ran out of money lol