PDA

View Full Version : Starting problem

Detcoupe
02-27-2005, 11:27 PM
I am having a problem with starting my 240sx with a S13 Black Top SR20DET swap. It was running fine when the other day I pulled the stock SR radiator out to have it rotted out and after I had put it back in and refilled it with coolant I went to turn the car on. It fired up fine but was quick to bog down and die, within seconds. I tried to restart the car again and it wouldn't start. It will turn over but won't fire up. I called my friend to help me and we did all kinds of test. We checked the fuses they where fine. We checked for pressure in the fuel line, it has plenty of pressure (Walbor 255lph). We swapped fuel pressure regulators from a working Red Top S13 DET, wouldn't start. We tested each coil pack on a grounded part of the body for spark, it had spark. We swapped ECU's the same car as the fuel pressure regulator thinking maybe mine went bad, I have an E5 ECU by the way, and his car fired up with my ECU no problem.

My question is how likely is it that the ignition chip would go bad and still give spark. Also how can I test it and what should the readings be?

If anyone has any info on this problem please let me know.

noodl35
02-28-2005, 11:13 AM
well since you have spark, fuel, and air then your engine is firing. As for dieing down...it may seem like your timing is off,spark plugs, or maf? Try to test those. Redo timing, test maf ..

orion::S14
02-28-2005, 12:14 PM
Check to be sure the MAF is plugged in, also check the TPS plug.

Unplug the MAF, see if it will start or idle.

Also check for vacuum leaks...pressure test with an air compressor.

- Brian