PDA

View Full Version : S15 guages in a S14?

86LXItooFAST4me
02-25-2005, 09:30 AM
im sure this is a stupid question but the S15 HUD isnt interchangable in an S14 is it? like this JDM S15 HUD:
http://i22.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/79/90/fb_1_b.JPG
wont fit in my 95 S14 will it? or is there anyway to make it???

Jeff240sx
02-25-2005, 09:42 AM
It's hot isn't it? AFAIK, no, it won't fit. But I heard that years ago. Maybe someone has since now.
-Jeff

IGSDann
02-25-2005, 09:48 AM
Looks like my brother's Celica cluster... Good luck with it.

ThatGuy
02-25-2005, 10:49 AM
This is the only S15 gauge swap I know of, and they used the whole dash. But this is an S13,not S14. Just goes to show that anything is possible.
http://img54.exs.cx/img54/7616/hitoshikawazoeimg600x450107949.th.jpg (http://img54.exs.cx/img54/7616/hitoshikawazoeimg600x450107949.jpg)
http://img154.exs.cx/img154/4782/hitoshikawazoeimg600x450107950.th.jpg (http://img154.exs.cx/img154/4782/hitoshikawazoeimg600x450107950.jpg)
Car is also equipped with a S15 Engine and tranny. Wolf in sheeps clothing. :D

86LXItooFAST4me
02-25-2005, 12:23 PM
damn, i didnt think it would be a bolt in. that is a sweet ass HUD though.

projectRDM
02-25-2005, 01:42 PM
That's not a HUD cluster. Learn the correct terminology please.

86LXItooFAST4me
02-25-2005, 02:31 PM
lmao, i guess that makes you feel like your dick is bigger correcting people like an ass hole huh?

240Driver39
02-25-2005, 03:01 PM
lmao, i guess that makes you feel like your dick is bigger correcting people like an ass hole huh?

wtf? :eek3d:

projectRDM
02-25-2005, 03:23 PM

No, I just can't stand ignorance. You'll get more help if people actually understand what in hell you're talking about. Don't feel bad though, your spelling is way better than most kids in here, that's a huge plus by itself.

86LXItooFAST4me
02-25-2005, 04:02 PM
so what is the difference? inform me. HUD is what? and analogue is what?

ThatGuy
02-25-2005, 04:06 PM
HUD is Heads Up Display, when the read out is projected on the windshield. Analog is standard gauges, mechanical needle points to informatin listed on the gauge face. Digital is juat that, a digital read out of the information, no needle usually.

wootwoot
02-25-2005, 04:28 PM
You are a tool and that is a hot cluster. I heard that the s13/s15 have closer interior dimensions than the s14/s15

ThatGuy
02-25-2005, 04:37 PM
wootwoot, check the pics I posted in this thread to see just how close they are.

86LXItooFAST4me
02-25-2005, 05:17 PM
HUD is Heads Up Display, when the read out is projected on the windshield. Analog is standard gauges, mechanical needle points to informatin listed on the gauge face. Digital is juat that, a digital read out of the information, no needle usually.

see, i knew that but i always hear people referring to their gauge cluster as an "HUD" so my bad. but thanks for the info guys. now im not "ignorant" on the fact of gauge clusters.

C.
02-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Your problem won't be fitment (a dremmel can easily fix that ;) ). The problem is that the speedometers are different (they read a different signal). So basically the s15 speedo won't work with the s13/s14 ECU and VSS, and likewise an s13/s14 speedo won't work with an S15 ECU and VSS.

wootwoot
02-25-2005, 06:29 PM
People refer to hud's because some s13's came with them, maybe thats where you got that from?

tak-
02-25-2005, 07:19 PM
i was really hoping that was a HUD...im sure it would be bad ass

420sx
02-25-2005, 07:36 PM
Your problem won't be fitment (a dremmel can easily fix that ;) ). The problem is that the speedometers are different (they read a different signal). So basically the s15 speedo won't work with the s13/s14 ECU and VSS, and likewise an s13/s14 speedo won't work with an S15 ECU and VSS.

signal comes from speed sensor on ur trany. those are just gauges. it should be only a matter of fitment.

Dousan_PG
02-25-2005, 07:59 PM
signal comes from speed sensor on ur trany. those are just gauges. it should be only a matter of fitment.

s15 is in the diff.

mrmephistopheles
02-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Your attitude in this response is totally unwarranted.
Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
Or I wreck you, whatever.

C.
02-25-2005, 09:32 PM
not in the S15. IIRC the VSS sends the speed signal to the ABS ECU then it goes to the cluster. in the S15 both the VTC and ABS require a speed signal to function properly, and everything is conected to each other.

SilviaDriver
02-25-2005, 09:47 PM
its in the diff like dousan said

86LXItooFAST4me
02-26-2005, 09:01 AM
Your attitude in this response is totally unwarranted.
Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
Or I wreck you, whatever.

and "check yourself before you wreck yourself" is "warranted"??

lol, whatever.... :jerkit: and to be honest, just because somebody is ignorant on a fact doesnt mean other people can be an asshole to that person. how the hell are people to learn if you dont ask questions? isnt that what a message board is for? and there is no attitude.... this thread was a simple question.

Tictakman
02-26-2005, 10:36 AM
i hear ya 86.....this is a fucken forum. thats where questions are asked and people are informed. maybe they should have a special forum for non ignorant people like R24ONA....dont post if your not gonna help answer his question.

Zak

wootwoot
02-26-2005, 12:34 PM
^^^^ shut up you hypocrit. You are calling people dick wads and being a miserable f wad. You can ask questions in a nice way. Good idea to mouth off to a really nice reasonable mod though, If I was him, I would ban you

Tictakman
02-26-2005, 12:46 PM
the point is why post if your not going to help answer a question. the post was uncalled for. shouldnt have even been posted. hell if i was a mod id ban him. i guess its just how u see it??

get back to the topic at hand...

Zak

projectRDM
02-26-2005, 05:33 PM
the point is why post if your not going to help answer a question. the post was uncalled for. shouldnt have even been posted. hell if i was a mod id ban him. i guess its just how u see it??

get back to the topic at hand...

Zak

Why post and be a dick about it? Because it's already been discussed a million fucking times. If you sorry ass lazy fuckers would put forth half the effort you do crying and actually search around you'd find the answer to every question you could ever imagine. It's the internet, it's all here, and has been. You think those of us who've been doing this for 11+ years haven't already talked about everything you young kids think about? While you were buying ice cream at middle school we were experimenting, testing, and comfirming all this shit that's on here. It's all been done for you, proven and gauranteed.
It's the useless crying fuckers like you who need to be banned. I give 110% on this and other forums when it's needed but I don't hold hands, I don't spoonfeed, and I don't help people who can't fathom the proper use of the English language. If I mailed you for some help and you couldn't read it, what would you do? You'd want it legible and easy to understand, otherwise you can't help. That's all that I and others ask. If you're driving a car you're old enough to at least have an education to type well and use correct language so people can understand and better help you. If not, flame away.

mrmephistopheles
02-26-2005, 05:54 PM
and "check yourself before you wreck yourself" is "warranted"??

lol, whatever.... :jerkit: and to be honest, just because somebody is ignorant on a fact doesnt mean other people can be an asshole to that person. how the hell are people to learn if you dont ask questions? isnt that what a message board is for? and there is no attitude.... this thread was a simple question.

So let me get this straight:
Russ corrects you in a rather polite (for him) fashion. He even says please
That's not a HUD cluster. Learn the correct terminology please.

And you respond by calling him an asshole. (ok, you said 'like an asshole', but that's all but the same thing.)

And now I'm in the wrong for telling to lose the attitude?
I think not.

I don't understand what your beef is, but if you'd like to remain here on Zilvia unimpeded, I suggest you rethink your actions. You responded with an offensive post upon seening Russ's correction. Are you so immature you become offended when someone corrects you? Grow the fuck up and learn from your mistakes. You'll find that in nearly every case in which I've been pointed out as being wrong, I step back, correct myself and move on. Not only that, I usually thank the person who corrected me (or chide them in a friendly manner).
Also, for clarification, asking someone if (and I'm paraphrasing here) behaving like an asshole makes his dick bigger *IS* an inflammatory question. That's asking if that person gets satisfaction in behaving in a certain manner.
To answer your question posed to Russ, he's unqualified to answer in this case, as he was NOT an asshole in the first place, therefore he would not know if it made his dick feel bigger.

I wholeheartedly agree with Russ's last post here. I haven't been into 240sx nearly as long as he has, and I don't act as though I know everything or that I've been around forever. I know I've been around long enough to know that if I have a question, I should seek out the answer on my own first, then move on to asking others for help. I further know that using the proper terminology is paramount. I can't ask for help installing a rear upper control arm if I call it a rear link or some such. I also know that I have people like Russ and a few hundred other 240sx 'pioneers' to thank for a majority of the knowledge I have today. Without them, we might not know that S14 seats swap directly into S13s, or that the SR20DET can be bolted into the same spot as the KA24DE, or how to wire it.

In closing, quit your fucking whining when people are trying to help you..

If I see you flame another user, you're gone.
Feel free to thank ThatGuy for your regular user status. He convinced me not to pink you for a month.

BLT123
04-11-2005, 01:59 AM
Going back to topic...

Here in Manila the S15 guage cluster has been put into a 97/98 S14 silvia twice now. Im not 100% sure if they did an engine/ECU transplant as well. I can go check.

jOeHaCk98
04-11-2005, 02:26 AM
Yeah, I couldn't agree more with Russ. Its nice to have someone on the boards with such an intimate knowledge of the s14. He has helped me on immensely. In fact, my "ghey kouki" will be painted soon. Ferrari red.

s15 guage cluster, im on topic.

SimpleS14
04-11-2005, 07:28 AM
Going back to topic...

Here in Manila the S15 guage cluster has been put into a 97/98 S14 silvia twice now. Im not 100% sure if they did an engine/ECU transplant as well. I can go check.

PICTURES!!!11!!!1

BLT123
04-11-2005, 08:04 AM
Haha I know the shop owner :) don't know the car owners! I will try to get some next time i visit! Saw a few S15 halfcuts - the S15 interior looks cool..

They were being sold at $4000 per cut, but the S15s were not stock. Came with staggered rims, coilovers, upgraded I/C, and tons of other stuff.. don't even know if internals are stock or not hehe...