PDA

View Full Version : 2 more problems, i am almost ready to give up

sil80forme
02-24-2005, 06:30 PM
ok this first one isnt that bad but. the gas light on my s13 goes on when i turn the car off and stays on, but when i turn car on it goes off. whats the deal? will this drain my battery? also when i first start my car there will be i guess u call it a miss fire, it idles fine at 1000rpm's but u hear a, put...... putput.... put put, whats that all about and how do i fix it? i checked the timing and it was at bout 18 0r 19 soo u got me. i dunno what the deal is. its also got new plugs, wires, cap, the only thing that i didnt change when i did the sohc-dohc swap was the coil, but it didnt do it this morning. i just had a whole bunch of other problems to deal with then. soo any ideas on my problems, by the way i am still tryin to figure out my clutch prob, which u can see here http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=73777
but anyways there are absolutly no leaks i looked all over the place, i just gotta keep pumpin the pedal as o drive it gets very anoying but i need to drive it tommorrow to school soooo.

sil80forme
02-24-2005, 08:35 PM
BUMP: i need help bad, i cant seem to figure it out, this is my daily driver, i hope someone can help me out, i am bout to sell the damn thing. :bash: :bash: :bash: :wtc: :wtc: :wtc:

tegasaurus
02-24-2005, 08:59 PM
ok this first one isnt that bad but. the gas light on my s13 goes on when i turn the car off and stays on, but when i turn car on it goes off. whats the deal? will this drain my battery? also when i first start my car there will be i guess u call it a miss fire, it idles fine at 1000rpm's but u hear a, put...... putput.... put put, whats that all about and how do i fix it? i checked the timing and it was at bout 18 0r 19 soo u got me. i dunno what the deal is. its also got new plugs, wires, cap, the only thing that i didnt change when i did the sohc-dohc swap was the coil, but it didnt do it this morning. i just had a whole bunch of other problems to deal with then. soo any ideas on my problems, by the way i am still tryin to figure out my clutch prob, which u can see here http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=73777
but anyways there are absolutly no leaks i looked all over the place, i just gotta keep pumpin the pedal as o drive it gets very anoying but i need to drive it tommorrow to school soooo.

For the light, i'd say just take it out of the gauge cluster if its that annoying to you - it shouldn't drain your battery considering is a tiny little bulb in there.

As for the "mis fires" to me it sounds like a bent exhaust valve or something. I'm only applying my old honda knowledge here tho. When i had a couple bent valves it would kinda put put a little bit. A good trick to see if you have bent valve is at idle, hold a dollar bill (or 8 1/2 x 11 piece of worn paper if you have a huge canon for an exhaust :rolleyes: ) over the exhaust and see if the bill ever gets sucked against the pipe. If it does start savin your money for new valves! if you know for a fact your valves are fine, i wouldn't worry about the put putting.