PDA

View Full Version : S14 Coilovers.

lv240s14
02-23-2005, 11:54 PM
I have been looking around and wondering which coilovers are the best for drifting and the beat bang for your buck. Tien he's 1250, D2's cheap 850, Silkroads 1400 More money, and meagan coilovers 950 . If anyone has experience with any of these or any other coilovers and would like to share that would help me.

Dousan_PG
02-23-2005, 11:57 PM
all mediocre
save up more money

go zeal, tanabe or cusco

imo of your list id go
1) silkroad (heard decent about)
2) tein HE (used to have)
3) d2 (have that squeeky shock issue going on)
4) megan (havent heard much)

SoCalSilvia
02-23-2005, 11:57 PM
hmm... where can you get D2's for 850?

lv240s14
02-24-2005, 12:12 AM
private party . I have heard about the silkroad but i am on a budget. My friend has the meagan's on his s13 he said they are ok and tein's i have been told have been discontinued so the shop i usually go to can't get them. But i want tein's. I have only heard good things.

Dousan_PG
02-24-2005, 12:13 AM
its only good till you ride/drive in someone's car w/ JIC, ZEal or Tanabe
then you regret it haha

lv240s14
02-24-2005, 12:16 AM
Yeah I bet but i am looking for a entry level coilover with some room to grow if you get what i am saying.

Brian W.
02-24-2005, 12:24 AM
Save up and get the Silkroads or Cuscos. The Tanabe ProSS isnt bad either honestly..... but for the price with camber plates yo umined aswell shell out a couple more bucks and get the DDs.

AutoRnD
02-24-2005, 10:47 AM
wow.. dousan actually likey the zeals... OOOH!!!
hahaha...
anyhow.. yeah the tein he's are gone FINALLY!!!
and now they have something even worse
The SUPER DRIFT
god damn how much more bandwagony can ya get,
or better yet how about the Drifting shift knob hahaha...

but yeah..
Tanabe = twin tube all of them.. and imo a lil overprices.
Silkroads are decently prices for monotube inverted's
but yeah
ZEAL OWNS JOO

Dousan_PG
02-24-2005, 11:16 AM
josh: zeal Super FUNCTION
yes i like the BEST

my tanabes were dirty dirty cheap. :) hehe

supportTHEezln
02-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Nobody is interested in Kei Office or Apexi or GP right? O.o

420sx
02-24-2005, 11:32 AM
one thing you MUST look when buy coils is customer support.

Can they be rebuild in the states? If no, how long for shipping etc/turnaround? price? can it be replaced compeletely?

i wouldnt consider D2 as D2 or megan racing as an option due to those factors.

so, if it was up to ME< id go with SPL coilz. or tein HE which would be 200 bux more.'

fuck a buncha zeal and cusco, i dont see a point spending that much money on them. its all in the skill.

Dousan_PG
02-24-2005, 01:35 PM
one thing you MUST look when buy coils is customer support.

Can they be rebuild in the states? If no, how long for shipping etc/turnaround? price? can it be replaced compeletely?

i wouldnt consider D2 as D2 or megan racing as an option due to those factors.

so, if it was up to ME< id go with SPL coilz. or tein HE which would be 200 bux more.'

fuck a buncha zeal and cusco, i dont see a point spending that much money on them. its all in the skill.

its hilarious
zeal can be 100% custom in EVERYWAY. and its done in the US. quick and easy, ask ARD JOsh there

TEIN HE sucks
SUCKS cmopared w/ most others. even JICs are better then HE, in design and performance. try both and you'd know.

cusco, ever drive on cusco? if not, stfu

same goes for Kei Office, its nice but imo, Kei Office is primarily a name. well built and drives VERY nice, my friend has XRs, quality stuff!

SPL is good, but its KTS, which is good, a few friedsn ahve it. good support but parts iirc, still have to be sent bacvk to japan, not avail inUSA

the only ones that can be done easily in USA are TEIN and ZEAL
JIC is questionable, at least cust serv is and Tananbe,supposively soon should have rebuild in the USA ability

yeah it is in skill
but high skill in a super shitty car doesnt mean anything. you'll suck not because of your skill but the car your driving. with a well setup car, its amazing how many things you can do.

most people do fine w/ any coilover yes, that is true.
but such a large investment on something you will be using EVERYDAY i think spending money for a very high quality product is key. if its a steering wheel or a shift knob i can see going budget route, but something of such importance, i wouldnt 1/2 ass

supportTHEezln
02-24-2005, 02:16 PM
I would assume other coilover companies would rebuilt others. I haven't had to deal with this yet, but for example, kaaz will rebuilt tomei lsd, so I assume it's similar with coilovers.

mk20116
02-24-2005, 02:22 PM
silk roads here......nice build quality........
pm me if you're looking for a used set. i might be selling mine if ur interested....
basically needing other stuff.

AutoRnD
02-24-2005, 03:49 PM
its not the same..
all coilovers have different internals
etc..
also... w/ the tein he's they ARE GONE!!!
also tein how has their ss.. but they are still twin tube..
and dousan

Saying that the tein he's suck more than jics is brutal man.
Jic's (us style) are really bad.

also i know for a fact that silkroad/d2/meganracing/buddy club/apexi
all need to be shipped back to japan for service.

Dousan_PG
02-24-2005, 04:22 PM
nah jics compared w/ tein
noway
ive driven and drifted on both
i MUCH prefer teh JICs
even for daily drive
Teins are just bouncy stiff
JIC actually feels COMFORTABLE
and yes,samespring rates, 8/6
and yes, both on S13 Fastbacks

the JIC imo, was superior
i would NEVER buy TEIN HE again
had them for a long time and after riding, driving and drifting w/ JICs, id take teh JIC FLTa2s any day over HEs

these JICs were the ones out about 2 years ago.

Cthulhu
02-24-2005, 07:53 PM
I would assume other coilover companies would rebuilt others. I haven't had to deal with this yet, but for example, kaaz will rebuilt tomei lsd, so I assume it's similar with coilovers.
The reason Kaaz will do that... is because they're the same unit. Tein/Cusco/Zeal are very much different.