PDA

View Full Version : S13.5 Masa Fenders

APCh8r
02-10-2005, 02:12 AM
Was wondering if anyone new where i could find some S13.5 Conversion fenders? I have heard that Masa Motorsports are about the only conversion fenders that don't have fitment problems and are the best quality. I know they are fairly rare too so any help would be greatly appreciated!

APCh8r
02-10-2005, 03:46 PM
anyone got any info or help, i would really appreciate it!! Also don't suggest jspec.com b/c they are horrible. Worse customer service i have seen in awhile!! But anyways bring the info

Yoshi
02-10-2005, 03:56 PM
OK first off, you should wait at least a DAY (that's 24hrs, not 1.5) before bumping your post.

Second, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&tab=wf&q=masa+s15+fenders&search=search
WOW! look at all those links!

Third, JSPEC.com is a great company. I've bought lots of things from Sam specifically over the past few years (including my s13-15 fenders). These are custom parts made in small runs, usually in other countries. You obviously have no concept of the international marketplace... epsecially for custom car parts! Patience is key.

If you want the typical capitalist instant gratification type of purchasing, stick to buying stuff at walmart or best buy!

Seriously... you come here asking for help, yet trash one of our community's biggest contributors (and a zilvia vendor no less). You might wanna get some water cuz your bridges are burning.

APCh8r
02-10-2005, 04:14 PM
sorry i was just pissed off at the time, i know they are one of the top companies just pissed about how i was treated. Did you get their fenders or where they from another company and you just bought them through them? How was your fittment? Any problems? Again sorry for jumping to conclusions like i did

Yoshi
02-10-2005, 04:39 PM
sorry i was just pissed off at the time, i know they are one of the top companies just pissed about how i was treated. Did you get their fenders or where they from another company and you just bought them through them? How was your fittment? Any problems? Again sorry for jumping to conclusions like i did

it's okay. Making mistakes and such is part of life, you're only an idiot of you don't learn from them and repeat the action.

I got my fenders from Jspec, they're s13-s15 fiberglass fenders made by Inner Circle (it's my understanding that my fenders were the first in the new run of them... better fitment). They are very high quality from what I've see so far, however I won't get to test fitting them until this weekend. I'll be documenting my progress on zilvia as I go, prolly mid-next week.

In other news, I know of some GTP s13-15 fenders for cheap if you're interested (brand new, never installed) :P

APCh8r
02-10-2005, 04:43 PM
are gtp's fenders any good, i have seen alot of fittment problems from other people. I would like to see pictures of your car once your fenders are installed and here you feelings on the fittment. Are you on AIM at all, if so hit me up at masonlax19. I would greatly appreciate talking to you about this.

APCh8r
02-11-2005, 12:11 AM
hey have anay of you used or heard reviews about the chargespeed conversion fenders? Here is a link to a set i found.

http://www.i-m-racing.com/cs-7072ff.html

mario_speed
02-11-2005, 04:13 PM
try "RARE TRICK" they can get u the finders but they take a while since they get them from JDM land. Good price and good company. http://www.raretrick.com/

FRpilot
02-11-2005, 04:16 PM
raretrick doesnt list masa stuff on their site.. but maybe if you ask them they can give you a quote.

APCh8r
02-11-2005, 04:25 PM
thanks for the info guys, keep the info and reviews and everything coming. Its greatly appreciated!!!

drift freaq
02-11-2005, 04:30 PM
lots of people making the s13-s15 conversion fenders, Chargespeed, Swaat,Masa, Tanabe, GTP blue, B road, vis...... the list can go one. Two ways to go about the deal either you get a set for real cheap like $150 and have a body shop work or you pay good money and possibly get a set that should fit. Truth is 90% of them out there need work no matter what price you pay. Its really a crap shoot. I got lucky and picked a set of one of kind here in the U.S. fenders that do fit excellent. I was in the right place at the right time when they came up used off a very well known track car. They were pratically new. I may wind up getting more of them in the future. They come from a small company in Japan. anyways good luck and if you want some low cost ones that need some work I got a set or two for $150

mario_speed
02-11-2005, 04:47 PM
raretrick has the price on there site already.s15 custom conversion "under construction" http://www.raretrick.com/index.asp?cat=1930&Page=1&Display=Yes&Back=Listings&ProductsID=7243
no vent $425, single vent $475, and twin vent $475.

AutoRnD
02-11-2005, 06:43 PM
i dunno man...
expect to spend a good deal of money for the aero to get put on

APCh8r
02-12-2005, 09:18 AM
lots of people making the s13-s15 conversion fenders, Chargespeed, Swaat,Masa, Tanabe, GTP blue, B road, vis...... the list can go one. Two ways to go about the deal either you get a set for real cheap like $150 and have a body shop work or you pay good money and possibly get a set that should fit. Truth is 90% of them out there need work no matter what price you pay. Its really a crap shoot. I got lucky and picked a set of one of kind here in the U.S. fenders that do fit excellent. I was in the right place at the right time when they came up used off a very well known track car. They were pratically new. I may wind up getting more of them in the future. They come from a small company in Japan. anyways good luck and if you want some low cost ones that need some work I got a set or two for $150
what company are your fenders from, how much do they run for? What fenders are those $150 fenders from? How bad are they with fittment?

MadScientist
02-12-2005, 10:11 AM
raretrick has the price on there site already.s15 custom conversion "under construction" http://www.raretrick.com/index.asp?cat=1930&Page=1&Display=Yes&Back=Listings&ProductsID=7243

The Custom Conversion listings will have lower prices than the single item listing.... Masa Conversion Fenders alone will be $489.

Bro... we had a guy bring a set of those cheep ass "e-bay special" conversion fenders to the shop. That is the worst glass work I have ever seen... beyond backyard special!! The gel coat (white) was put on with a 4" paint brush... you could hold it up to the sun and see every brush stroke. Super thin, maybe an 1/8", looked like maybe one or two layers of thin Mat. the fender was obviouly layed down on the floor and not supported in its correct possition to have the mold made... the door mounting went back at least 2" into the door... the top part didn't line up with the A pillar and when it did the front was lifted up about 3".... If you were to take something like this to a body shop and have installed, you would pay out the ass to get it basically chopped up and fixed correctly, or told to leave!!

Everyone has a budget to work with! You are always better off saving your money till you can get exactly what you want!!

Peace
Drew

drift freaq
02-12-2005, 08:45 PM
what company are your fenders from, how much do they run for? What fenders are those $150 fenders from? How bad are they with fittment?

My fenders are from a very small company in Japan and the person I got them from has exclusive rights for U.S. distribution for them should he decide to distribute them. I can talk to him about them but, they will not be cheap. They are the cleanest set of conversion fenders I have personally seen.
As far as the $150 fenders go I have never actually tried to fit them completely they were picked up in a package deal and all I want to do is off them.
I will not tell someone how good or bad they fit they are cheap and like some people have said you get what you pay for .
If you want any conversion fender that costs $150 per set be prepared to make them fit , i.e. fiberglass or body work, not have them fit as in straight bolt on and paint.

APCh8r
02-13-2005, 07:44 AM
My fenders are from a very small company in Japan and the person I got them from has exclusive rights for U.S. distribution for them should he decide to distribute them. I can talk to him about them but, they will not be cheap. They are the cleanest set of conversion fenders I have personally seen.
If you could check with him am seeing if you could get some and get me a price, I would greatly appreciate it!

APCh8r
02-13-2005, 07:46 AM
The Custom Conversion listings will have lower prices than the single item listing.... Masa Conversion Fenders alone will be $489.

Bro... we had a guy bring a set of those cheep ass "e-bay special" conversion fenders to the shop. That is the worst glass work I have ever seen... beyond backyard special!! The gel coat (white) was put on with a 4" paint brush... you could hold it up to the sun and see every brush stroke. Super thin, maybe an 1/8", looked like maybe one or two layers of thin Mat. the fender was obviouly layed down on the floor and not supported in its correct possition to have the mold made... the door mounting went back at least 2" into the door... the top part didn't line up with the A pillar and when it did the front was lifted up about 3".... If you were to take something like this to a body shop and have installed, you would pay out the ass to get it basically chopped up and fixed correctly, or told to leave!!

Everyone has a budget to work with! You are always better off saving your money till you can get exactly what you want!!

Peace
Drew
Do you have any suggestions on which fenders to get?

Siizzzoooo
02-13-2005, 10:00 PM

DAMN! thats an awesome deal for Masa conversion fenders

I paid $750 for mine a year ago from Jspec!!

btw, if you want advice, get the Masa fenders.

If you want to see the difference from cheap fenders to Masa fenders, go to my website

www.cardomain.com/id/sizzo
i think its the 2nd and 3rd page that shows the conversions

I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for"

Even though I paid $750, I dont regret it, i think it was well worth it :bigok:

APCh8r
02-16-2005, 04:50 PM
To The Top

Yoshi
02-16-2005, 05:41 PM
To The Top

Did you see my thread?
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=72922

APCh8r
02-16-2005, 07:12 PM
thanks for the link, i will check it out. Anyone else got reviews?