PDA

View Full Version : timing light

civicsi2
02-05-2005, 04:04 PM
i have a regular timing light but how can i hook it up on the sr20det motor. I've tried talking to the parts stores to get a jumper from the coil to the plug and hook the light up on that but, i can't get any help. Do i need to buy different light?

sr240mike
02-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Just hook it up to the wires on the first coil pack. Works for me.

harryhood
02-06-2005, 01:31 AM
use the loop behind the valve cover

caall99
07-23-2005, 10:16 AM
what mystical loop is this? civicsi2 probably has a direct connect timing light (not a inductive pickup), which is what i have, and i am having the same problem.

SR240DET
07-23-2005, 10:22 AM
i have a regular timing light but how can i hook it up on the sr20det motor. I've tried talking to the parts stores to get a jumper from the coil to the plug and hook the light up on that but, i can't get any help. Do i need to buy different light?

get a spark plug wire from a DOHC KA... connect it to your spark plug... and connect the spark plug wire to the spring and spring to your coil.... you should be able to figure it out that way... then connect the green gator clip to the spring.... good luck..

i replace that spring with some wire with two gator clips on each side... they hold better..

waldorf240
07-23-2005, 06:22 PM
take the timing light you have lookin at the back of the valve cover. off to the pass side rear there is a small black wire the loops out of the main set of wires. place the black wire just as you would a spark plug wire and there you go it works!!!!!!