PDA

View Full Version : Rear brakes s14

chlatboy
02-03-2005, 02:01 PM
Hey guys, i was just doing the rear brakes on my s14 and after i got the brakes out, i was pushing the piston back. When doing so, i was able to push it in to an extent. This however was not far enough for me to place my brake pads. When i tried to push the piston in further, it just keeps on rotating but it doesnt go down. I am using needle nose pliers, turning htem clockwise. Not sure why the piston wont go back in. Any one think they can help me with this? :confused:

BSeay
02-03-2005, 03:38 PM
maybe it's seized and it wont go in any farther.... if thats the case purchase another one... i had one seize on me and it's a bitch it runs thru your pads like no other...

projectRDM
02-03-2005, 04:20 PM
S chassis rear calipers are known to seize up regularly. Rebuild or replace.

Drunk Bastard
02-03-2005, 05:56 PM
so wait, you were pushing the piston back in with needle nose pliers? try getting a brake kit from kragen or something. there should be a tool that allows you to push the piston back in. use that, then we'll see whats up.

fliprayzin240sx
02-03-2005, 09:13 PM
trust me, its a pain in the ass. get the tool to seat those *its a clamp and ratchet combo looking tool* Took me 15 mins to seat the piston even when using those. Imgine how long it would have been if u used a nose plier the whole time.

nrg
02-03-2005, 11:47 PM
You have to push hard and turn. It took me 15mins each caliper. There's a tool you can rent to do this. But i was too pissed off and wanted to finish it asap.

fawk.. i didn't resurface my rotors and now i have to change pads again. It's only been 10k =X
stupid car!!! /rant

ledzeppelin240
02-04-2005, 12:05 PM
It's not the cars fault. It is the people who work on them that have no knowledge and only do half of the job that they actually should do. I dont understand why you were pushing the caliper in with needle nose pliers. Unless you mean turning them in?

The tool that everyone is talking about helps alot. But don't buy one of those cheap cube ones, they are garbage...

Ritz S14
02-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Man. I just use a needle nose plier and twist them clockwise with my hands.

the head
02-04-2005, 02:23 PM
I used the cheap cube one works fine on the nissan and every other car that has thread backs on them you just have to apply pressure just to be sure you did remove the MC cap right?

chlatboy
02-05-2005, 01:32 AM
no i did not remove the cap. I should try that. I did however loosen the bleeder screw if that helps any!

Twinturbozs
02-06-2005, 01:40 AM
i had the same problem initially, but i think the dust boot on the piston was slightly off. make sure the boot folds back in accordian style.

nrg
02-06-2005, 03:29 AM
ledzeppelin240, I know what I was doing, but i was being lazy. I figured I would have 300zx rear calipers by now.

FSM says either needle nose plier or the special tool.
I just finished my rear calipers. the tool works wonders.
I found out I have to rebuild one of my calipers. That same caliper is harder to turn than the good caliper on my right side. =\

chlatboy, why did you remove the bleeder screw? Now you have to bleed your brakes again.