PDA

View Full Version : Rear Brake Caliper/Piston Problem-Need Help!!!

nysmo240
02-02-2005, 04:21 PM
I have a 95 240sx that has a rear brake problem. I've had to change the brakes on just the right side about 3 times within the last 2 months. It seems as though the the inner pad keeps "sticking" or rubbing on the inner rotor, resulting in fast, abnormal wear.

I do the replacements myself. I press in the pistons counter-clockwise with needlenose pliers to get the pistons back in and bleed the brake lines when I'm done, yet it has continued to rub. The pads are placed correctly in the metal brake brackets on the calipers. The outer pad as well as the pads on the other calipers all do not have this problem. Again, the right rear side is the ONLY side that does this. Is there something I'm doing incorrectly? Am I doing something wrong in my installation process? Do I have to bleed the brakes in a certain sequence as the factory service manual recommends? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cdlong
02-02-2005, 05:22 PM
sounds like the caliper is sticking. either replace the caliper or, take the pins out, sand them down smooth, regrease them and replace the boots.