PDA

View Full Version : Loss of power

teknik240
02-02-2005, 12:00 PM
hey i have a 1989 240sx and i recently lost a bunch of power. my air fuel gauge is messed up. anyone have any idea what my problem could be? i was thinking o2 sensor. also my lights wont go down. and my wipers dont work. but those never worked. HELP!

the head
02-02-2005, 12:06 PM
can you give a better description of what is happening/not happening cuz i got no idea WTF you just said

teknik240
02-02-2005, 12:10 PM
okay sorry dood. im wondering the following... 1. i lost aton of power from my car and my air fuel ratio gauge is all messed up and i was wondering if i am losing power form a bad o2 sensor or something.
the second thing i was wondering is if anyone knew why my headlights wont go down. or why my wipers dont work.

the head
02-02-2005, 12:17 PM
for the headlights check the fuses and the relays first then if neither of those fix it then check to see if th motors are still good

wipers same shit 1.fuse 2.realy 3.switch 4.motor

as for hte losing power thing 1. AFR gauges are shit get rid of it 2. what modifications are done to the car and were any done close to when the problem occurred?

teknik240
02-02-2005, 12:26 PM
i have sr swap of course. full 3" N1 exhaust, greddy boost controler. equal length manifold, divorced chamber dump pipe, svt lightning fuel pump, fmic (the front mount is no name but it looks like an hks... 3"x12"x24" on the core. nismo motor mounts spec clutch. i didnt add ne mods before this happened but my wire fell off of my 02 sensor and i put it back on now my car rus slow... i could beat my friends 300zx tt before but now i cant even beat a 2nd gen prelude.

I checked all the fuses

sr240mike
02-02-2005, 12:56 PM
Then maybe its your o2 sensor that is bad, My car ran lean without it connected, although it doesnt read it above a certain rpm. The way to check it is through the ecu diagnostics. PM me if you need info on how to do it.