PDA

View Full Version : Good KA-T advice--Use it!!

dizoita
01-31-2005, 08:41 PM
If you don't have a stand alone that will handle knock-retard, then get a MSD Knock Alert it will save you a engine or two!!!!! You don't know what kind of gas you just put in.

Jeff240sx
01-31-2005, 10:06 PM
WTF? You're in Tampa.. with a KA-T. That just died?
I've never heard of you. Seen you at a meet. Saw your posts on Tamparacing.com. Where the hell did you come from? What was your setup? Who tuned it? Who saw your Tampa KA-T?
I've seen the 3 Tampa KA-Ts. I own one of them. And I've seen the Lakeland KA-T. Nothing about you though.
-Jeff

TNathe
02-03-2005, 08:56 AM
Weerd. Who is jooo? Yeah, who tuned/set it up for you? Actually good advise would be do not do 9psi daily on a 100k mile engine. :) Hopefully get this up and running again.

dizoita
02-16-2005, 07:17 PM
I was around for a while! I did everything my self. When to the track on Wed. with 100 ocatne ( 9 sec 1/8 mile) and forgot to turn the bost down for the 93 gas and killed it. Oh well on thursday got an engine for $50 and started Sat at 11 am. 6 hours later boosting again:)
But the turbo center section cracked had to take it off for a week while get the new one. The car gets 465+ miles on a tank on the freeway N/A!!!

JGS Manifold
Saab t25 Turbo
Hacked MAF
S-AFC
3 inch full ex.
19in C5's
370cc
300zx Fuel filter
WideBand O2
NOW MSD KnockAlert

wootwoot
02-16-2005, 07:24 PM
For any of you KA guys in the area, at Al's you pull it there is a ka24de only missin a valve cover last time I was there. If any of you guys want to scoop it up PM me and I can give you some directions and stuff. Good luck getting much out of it beside that though because I allready got it! Mileage was 227k So the block might be good or could just rebuild the head. Ya know...