PDA

View Full Version : Digital Auto Climate Control?

DMoneyS13
01-31-2005, 04:58 PM
How or can you instal this into a 90 240SX. I dont get it, from an analog/manual to a digital/auto AC. What do you need. I did a search in the forums but couldn't pop up with the info i needed.

AllenRPS13
01-31-2005, 05:18 PM
all u need is the harness, i think...
also, u have to rewire the wires and for the auto feature, u need to have a sensor

DMoneyS13
01-31-2005, 05:26 PM
The one i am about to order has the harness. It says all you have to do is plug and play into a 240SX 180SX S13 chassis.

AllenRPS13
01-31-2005, 06:14 PM
is it the JDM harness? but mostly, u still have to rewire it and also have the sensor

SilviaDriver
01-31-2005, 06:15 PM
plug and play? hahha pleae dont believe everything you hear. its all a gimick and pull and sucker u into buying it and getting it off somebody elses hands.

aa87
01-31-2005, 06:40 PM
far from plug and play, its not worth it at all.

projectRDM
01-31-2005, 09:12 PM
all u need is the harness, i think...
also, u have to rewire the wires and for the auto feature, u need to have a sensor

I love when people say "I think" or "I heard".

I heard you can drop a V8 into the trunk and it plugs right up to the ECU for the KA, giving you 450rwhp in 15 minutes.

DMoneyS13
01-31-2005, 09:19 PM
It really is the JDM climate control though. I am making my car completely JDM. From interior 180SX components to exterior. I was just asking if this was all i needed and how to instal. But thanks ne ways.

projectRDM
02-01-2005, 09:58 AM
I am making my car completely JDM.

That is by far the most homosexual thing I've ever read. You want a JDM car? Import one. Otherwise you're driving around a USDM car with a lot of cool, trendy shit on it that you paid too much for because kids like you can't seem to get off the bandwagon.

driftyour40
02-01-2005, 10:19 AM
^^^^^^^ :rofl: :bowrofl:

Dutchmalmiss
02-01-2005, 04:02 PM
damn...he got owned. anyways. the digital climate control is a PITA to install. plus, if you're current climate control works. leave it like that. another suggestion, if you truly have to be JDM, get a jdm analog climate control instead of a digital one.

OverBoost
02-01-2005, 07:50 PM
It really is the JDM climate control though. I am making my car completely JDM. From interior 180SX components to exterior. I was just asking if this was all i needed and how to instal. But thanks ne ways.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/images/smilies/rofl.gif what, are you 16? seriously, please stop wasting the forums bandwidth with your useless posts. you = ricer

blazn240sx
02-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Ohh yes so tru this guy is riced out HAHA

DriftingXJDM
02-03-2005, 06:25 PM
if you want to get the jdm climate control to work theres a shit load of work to do... I've done many research and no onr really know how to do it unless you have the complete dash harness and SR swap or something...

DMoneyS13
02-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Hey whoever thinks im riced out FUCK YOU. Yes i am 16 years old. so what. at least i know what a JDM means. Most ricers buy their parts from APC and crappy american made products from AutoZone/Wal Mart places anyways. If you wanna call someone a ricer, call my bro one, or anyone who owns a civic, or that dude that got his car pimped on MTV. Don't ever call me a Fuckin ricer.

Thanks

projectRDM
02-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Hey whoever thinks im riced out FUCK YOU. Yes i am 16 years old. so what. at least i know what a JDM means. Most ricers buy their parts from APC and crappy american made products from AutoZone/Wal Mart places anyways. If you wanna call someone a ricer, call my bro one, or anyone who owns a civic, or that dude that got his car pimped on MTV. Don't ever call me a Fuckin ricer.

Thanks

Just one thing.....a JDM?

What's that in your car man? Chit, that's a JDM bitch. Didn't you know?

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with trolls like you regularly.

Phlip
02-03-2005, 08:28 PM

Thanks
"I am making my car completely JDM"
as if anyone gives a 16oz cup of piss about JDM unless it is FUNCTIONAL... I am personally calling you ricer, especially when you take the defensive and tell us who the REAL enemy is... Civic owners.
... grow the fuck up, dude

DMoneyS13
02-03-2005, 09:16 PM
my bad for the type yall damn hypocrites. i wish their were some decent people in forums now days. all i asked for was help and i get shit about me being a ricer, bein gay, and wasteing bandwith, stupid insignificant stuff. And about the civic owners, i didnt put "civic owners that lived in my town" sorry.

projectRDM
02-03-2005, 10:16 PM
my bad for the type yall damn hypocrites. i wish their were some decent people in forums now days. all i asked for was help and i get shit about me being a ricer, bein gay, and wasteing bandwith, stupid insignificant stuff. And about the civic owners, i didnt put "civic owners that lived in my town" sorry.

There's an easy solution to your problems.

Quit being a ricer.
Quit being gay.
Quit wasting bandwidth.

Dutchmalmiss
02-03-2005, 10:27 PM
if you didn't find it, you didn't look hard enough. search in the tech forums. it's there. i know it is. this topic has been covered millions of times. also, try to wonder why not many people have a functioning JDM digital climate control. it's time consuming, and it's just too much work just for a device to control how hot or cold you want the air to be. hmmm...if you do get it to work (which i highly doubt), then get your conversion table out because it reads in Celsius, not in Fahrenheit.

nrg
02-03-2005, 11:13 PM
http://www.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=94307

have fun.

Jdotsturn
02-03-2005, 11:14 PM
Haha i remember when i was gonna try to put the digital climate control in my car. I just took a look at the backs of each of them and gave up.

Yea but forreals just search, thats what i do. Take a look at how many posts i got, all the questions i needed answered were already answered in the forums.

o yea good luck on ur time consuming climate control and "JDM" car

DMoneyS13
02-04-2005, 05:37 AM
For anyone who actually tried to help me. Thanks.

Ghettokracker71
02-04-2005, 04:44 PM
blah blah I smoke poles.....blah blah..............................I'm a retard blah....................anyone who owns a civic.......blah blah

Anyone who owns a civic? So just because alot of people rice out civics,all civic owners are riceboys? There are plenty of civics that'll kick your little nissans ass all day long on the street,and the track.

luisgonz
02-04-2005, 06:42 PM
thanks to all of you iam a ricer then :confused:

nrg
02-05-2005, 12:46 AM
JDM is the new rice.

Dutchmalmiss
02-05-2005, 12:06 PM
JDM is the new rice.

............. :werd:..............

Phil St John
02-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Man there r some angry anti ricers in here, sounds like the guy just like cool ass gadgets and buttons n chit cant fault a guy for wantin what he wants. It is a little anoying to see JDM slaped on every turd product on ebay and now its the biggest Buzz word ever. I get flamed all the time cause i have the front end conversion but no SR, sceew it i like the freakin light better than the pop ups just my taste.
So go out there an get your digital climate and all of its sensors and glory just be prepared fo a monster of an install. If u like it its worth it and opinion is just that, opinion

Oh yeah how come every time somone dosent know somthin he gets flamed, how the hell r u sposed to learn stuff. and searching the site for info is no easy task, have u seen how far over the Posts go, kinda daunting to look through fo a simple question.

mbmbmb23
02-07-2005, 11:48 PM
^^^^True. Once something becomes too popular then it becomes "uncool" to the people who jumped on the bandwagon early enough to look down on everyone else.

I've personally been interested in doing the digital AC conversion for awhile because I think it will be a nice challenge...but also I'd love to be one of the first people to accomplish it.

I've done a number of semi-hard conversions (full interior panel swap...brown to black, S14 front AND rear seats into my S13, Import Intelligence LED cluster kit, installed new carpet install, S14 seatbelts retaining the OEM pillar trim, Z32 brakes + 5 lug all around, J30 OEM CD player, 6 1/2 inch speakers w/ custom panels in the front doors, etc....)....and the climate control swap is THE hardest of all conversions....thus a challenge to someone like me.

The only reason I havent done it yet is I cant find someone who can sell me the rest of the parts I need (evap box resistor, blower gate motor, cabin temp sensor). I already have the head unit, harness, and sunload sensor. Problem is, all the parts I need get trashed off peoples clips so they're never available for sale anywhere.

I realize this "climate control" question gets asked about once a month on here, but please dont flame people for being interested in adding something unique to their cars.....especially if its something over YOUR head. Just leave it alone and walk away from the thread.

-m

undercoverdjay
03-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Agreed with BMB. I too am looking into the digital climate control for my car. I had the climate control in my 91 300ZX TT and got a lot of compliments on it and found it convenient to use. Im 21 years old so am I a ricer? It might be a pain in the nuts install, might not be "worth" it to some, but to me its worth it because in the end you get a feeling of accomplishment. Did all of us buy a 240SX because it was "easy". If you think about it we're all fucking ricers. Not one of us (or most of us) can afford a car thats SUPPOSED to have 300+WHP. So think about it. All of us are dumping money into a car that retailed for less than 20K. Where is the pay off? Personal value. I wont mind blowing the doors off an STi with my 240SX that cost a 3rd of his car to be faster than it. I also wont mind pulling up somewhere with my car and getting the "what kind of car is that?" that we all get. Tell me. Aside from posting in forums about "safety" and being anti rice, blah blah, when you're actually out there driving around and someone compliments you on your car regardless if its about your lights, exhaust, or just the car in general; all of the aforementioned gives you a feeling of accomplishment because in the end, our car is what WE made it. Not someone on an assembly line.

Doriftomodachi
03-04-2005, 09:59 AM
This is LAME. If he wants to put a digital climate control in his car so what? I just got a digital climate control, all the sensors, boxes, etc. from an s14 clip for free because the shop was gonna throw it away anyways (thank you Signal Auto btw) Am I a ricer because I want to try and install it as a weekend project? r240na, didn't you do this as well??? What makes you so special? Damn dude, grow up...

mk20116
03-04-2005, 12:06 PM
did anyone check the date.....almost a month old.
i

trixxxr4_kids
03-12-2005, 02:23 AM
the digital climate control is way sexy ,and you get mad props on it , but it takes a lot of wiring to get right dont even get plug and play in your head , its more or less trial and error i tried for two weeks and i got it going but it was always stucj on 2 and i said forget it

DriftingXJDM
03-12-2005, 06:51 PM
So the question is does anyone know how to make it work?

s13panda2004
03-21-2005, 08:40 PM
2 pages long and still no one answered your question.

That's why I don't like Zilvia, too many flamers that hate on you because you don't see eye to eye with 'em.

Anyhow, I did a search on FreshAlloy and found this write-up:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB9&Number=67346607&Forum=UBB9&Words=climate+control&Match=Entire+Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=100&Old=allposts&Main=67345893&Search=true

Good luck.. the wiring isn't for the technically inept.

Dream240
03-22-2005, 07:38 AM
Hey Dmoney.....what's with all the hostility? R240NA and others are just trying to set you on the right track before it's too late.

Just reading your replies I can tell that you are really a newbie at cars despite your age. Constructive criticsm is the best replies you can get. Even if they come with a little bit of flames. Trust me I've been flamed before and I does sting a bit but when I look back on it I'm glad I got flamed cause now I stray away from stuff I used to want like...digital climate controls that look cool but don't work right, "JDM" body mods that are just really cheap replicas of Nismo and Japanese manufacturer's stuff.

Honestly every guy wants to make his car unique... me included. i've got stuff on my car that I have yet to see combined on an s14...makes you feel all warm and fuzzy when you get compliments on your style. The trick is to keep it unique without getting ghetto. Stay away from mods that come from eBay immitation sellers that advertise "JDM" or Nismo...trust me the "Nismo" floor mats on eBay are hardly that. I've been there, they're just Autozone floormats with a cheap Nismo plate glued on....yeah I bought em once and tried to kick myself in the head for being so stupid.

Just a tip for being a Zilvia member....when you get owned or flamed...just laugh with us and move on. Trust me everyone's been there.

My advice about the digital climate conversion, only do it if either a) you've got a friend that has advanced knowledge of silvias and their internals, or b) you know of a shop that can do the install and gives the work a warranty. Or you could jsut buy a 300ZX TT they come with digital climate controls standard :) .

Good luck....oh and just so you know....I had to really restrain my fingers from flaming you, heh, sorry but it's just true Zilvian nature!!!

DAMN :newbie: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

There i feel better.....

Dream240
03-22-2005, 07:43 AM
2 pages long and still no one answered your question.

That's why I don't like Zilvia, too many flamers that hate on you because you don't see eye to eye with 'em.

Anyhow, I did a search on FreshAlloy and found this write-up:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB9&Number=67346607&Forum=UBB9&Words=climate+control&Match=Entire+Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=100&Old=allposts&Main=67345893&Search=true

Good luck.. the wiring isn't for the technically inept.

Hey man if you don't like us then step on....BIAAATCH!!! Flaming is common place here!!! And there were alot of answers to his question...."DON'T DO IT".... just not the answer he wanted.