PDA

View Full Version : starter help/!!!

driftjunky
01-30-2005, 08:01 PM
well i was starting my car a few times...then i let it idle for a few then it died....i tried to start it again and nothing i thought it was my battery but no......i checked all my connections and grounds...all good.......its a black top sr .......what could it be?...bad starter?

gfisch
01-30-2005, 10:26 PM
Well, if it died while idling, that'd have nothing to do w/ the starter.

You sure its not the battery? Or maybe the alternator?

driftjunky
01-30-2005, 11:21 PM
well after it died it started and i even drove it up and down the block for the first time....then i shut it off then it never stared ....i had to bump start it....no clicking from the starter but just fromt the fuse box or relay....im stumped

240Stilo
01-31-2005, 11:01 AM
If you know where the starter is....just tap it and if it starts up your starter is probably funked up.

s14 blacktop
01-31-2005, 11:06 AM
Have you checked your battery? and battery connection?
some times the cables wont make a good connection and it wont crank same thing if the battery is low on juice... the relays will sound but wont start..

s14 blacktop
01-31-2005, 11:09 AM
oh and I saw you have a honda is this the car your talking about?

timmybgood
01-31-2005, 10:54 PM
doubt he has a blacktop sr in his honda. but if just the relays for the starter are clicking when you try it, then its the alternator or the battery i think

driftjunky
02-01-2005, 02:05 AM
yeah i had a honda but im done with all that...ill check my alternator, i dont think its the battery though its brand new. thenks for the imput guys. Is there a wayt to hard wire the starter to the battery, or is that not a good idea...