PDA

View Full Version : New Site For 5 lug swaps, bushings, tie rods, and other good parts

zeusmax
01-30-2005, 09:50 AM
I just read the superstreet issue for this month and found a bunch of useful websites for 240 owners.

One who made a nice kit for 5-lug swap, and some nice bushings.

Check it out....
http://www.peak-performance.net/

:coold:

wootwoot
01-30-2005, 09:53 AM
I feel that this is secret advertising but the place isnt to bad anyway. Five lug hubs for 550 bucks(fronts only!) is absolutely ridiculous though. I have seen several sites sell Attain's for 350-400 dollars when they do have them in stock

zeusmax
01-30-2005, 10:37 AM
No im not advertising, I wish i was getting paid to do so. =), I've seen the attins ones to for a cheaper price but havent really seen the rear ones. I dont know, I allready got my swap from an se so it dont matter, i just need to buy all the tie rods and suspension upgrades now.

SirWarrior
01-30-2005, 10:42 AM
the rears are pretty easy to get as S14SE and Z32NA will work too
fronts are the most pain.

AzNCmB
01-30-2005, 10:58 AM
i have the peak performance 60 mm wheel studs and they are cheap compared to the nismo ones.... I got mine from phase2!!! great service

TK
01-30-2005, 11:30 AM
the main differences between the pro series hubs and the attain/gto is that the PEAK hubs are chromoly steel as opposed to a stardard grade steel and they also come with longer studs.

for the people that are looking for a cheaper alternative, which seems to be just about every 240 owner, there will be a "econo" version that will be prices very well in terms of competing with the GTO/Attain prices. The machining is not as clean as the Pro series and material is less expensive then the chromoly material. it should be out within the next month or two

wootwoot
01-30-2005, 11:36 AM
I like the chromoly, its good stuff, but saying that alone with slightly rougher machining will drop the price 100 dollars to be competitive is ridiculous..Chromoly is barely more expensive and still very easy to machine. Whats the deal bud?

Twinkie
01-30-2005, 11:56 AM
$1050 for JUST front and rear hubs?....RIDICULOUS!

SilviaDriver
01-30-2005, 01:02 PM
phase2 has all of peak stuff on there

TK
01-30-2005, 06:51 PM
I like the chromoly, its good stuff, but saying that alone with slightly rougher machining will drop the price 100 dollars to be competitive is ridiculous..Chromoly is barely more expensive and still very easy to machine. Whats the deal bud?

i understand where you are coming from, believe me. material cost on the chromoly is higher, how much? i'm not sure.. that being said those hubs are made and machined here in the states, while the machining on the gto/attain stuff are done overseas. labor costs involved are far less and that is where the majority of the price difference is. its the same with other parts that are made here or japan, the prices are a lot higher then the stuff made in china or taiwan.

also the prices that were listed on the peak website at LIST or msrp prices, i don't know anyone that sells or pays msrp for any car part.

wootwoot
01-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Yeah, lets hope they we never actually see those prices. Iam going to run over to phase2 in a second to check it out. The price difference for the chromoly shouldnt be to much though, its not very expensive stuff. I hate how America chages to much money to do anything. The thing is all those parts we get for cheap from Taiwan/whereever the hell are even cheaper than what we pay. Import tariffs bump up their price and they are STILL cheaper than American goods. Wtf mate?

TK
01-30-2005, 10:50 PM
i tihnk it comes down to the labor costs involved. in china, who knows what the workers are being paid.. i'm sure its a hell of a lot less then we make, where as in the US we have strict laws regarding the minimum age of workers and minimum wage. The pro series hubs are made in LA, so the price is kinda steep. Keep in mind the pro series hubs are meant for people that want a high quality piece and is willing to pay for it. i myself am a cheap bastard and will wait for the cheaper ones to come out.

rspec7
02-05-2005, 02:19 PM
i recently ordered parts for my 5-lug conversion, half from jspec.com and half from pdm-racing.com (they each had a certain piece in stock that i needed right away). both are EXCELLENT companies. i had tracking numbers almost immediately. cory from pdm-racing was especially helpful, keeping me informed of what they had in stock and keeping in touch via email. and i've ordered from sam at jspec.com before...and will continue to do business with him in the future.

pdm has the gto 5-lug in stock
jspec has the attains in stock
both as of last week