PDA

View Full Version : Where does my coolant go???

Nagaremono
01-29-2005, 07:32 AM
So i keep a really good eye on my SR and i have noticed that i have to refill my coolant every once in a while. i have a koyo radiator and an electric fan, and my car has never overheated according to the engine temp. guage. So I don't know where my coolant is going to. there are no leaks. Anyone have the same problem. Head gasket? No overheating though.

HATchTRICK
01-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Check the coolant lines on the turbo. Those hard lines with the banjo fittings are Junk. They tend to crack and drip coolant. It maybe only leak when it gets hot and builds up pressure so you wont notice it leaking when parked.

MakotoS13
01-29-2005, 09:52 AM
my car has a slow collant leak also. it only drips when the car is running.

mjjstang
01-29-2005, 10:35 AM
damn same shit as mine, i hope my engine isnt eating the coolant which it may be doing, i have to change the oil anyway, but yah it sucks.

citizen
01-29-2005, 10:40 AM
if your exhaust smells sweet then you may be burning it~

r32gtr
01-29-2005, 10:43 AM
Yeah, I am having the same problem, my shop told me to check my plugs, I don't think my turbo lines would be have a crack and leak since I have braided lines. How do you tell if its the headgasket?

Phlip
01-29-2005, 11:06 AM
Yeah, I am having the same problem, my shop told me to check my plugs, I don't think my turbo lines would be have a crack and leak since I have braided lines. How do you tell if its the headgasket?
If there is water/coolant mixed with your oil, then it is a headgasket

Nagaremono
01-30-2005, 04:21 AM
thanks for the advice guys, i guess that is is either time to change the turbo coolant lines, or hope that there is no coolant in my oil. Or maybe it is something totally different like tiny little nissan ninjas that live in SR20`s and drink coolant. Thanks again.