PDA

View Full Version : new motor mounts for s13 which ones?

sr20dets13
01-27-2005, 01:59 PM
ok im close to doing my sr swap but do not really want to use stock motor mounts.. my buddys sr tranny is already going because he used the stock mounts...

which should i go with? nismo which are stiffer but are they much better than stock, or should i go with the kazama style damn near solid mount? the car is daily drivin but i really dont care about vibration or what not, i mostly will be using the car as a drift track car.

420sx
01-27-2005, 02:22 PM
nismo. you dont want solid mounts for a daily. unless u are HarDcoRe.

if u use like u said for track, i would go with cusco.

S14DB
01-27-2005, 02:24 PM
kazama teh roxors!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/S14DB/240sx/EngineMount1.jpg
Got me a set!

nlzmo400r
01-27-2005, 03:40 PM
ive heard a lot about solid mounts being too harsh on the tranny. Something about not giving enough allowance for flex?

Dousan_PG
01-27-2005, 04:25 PM
i dont have a problem w/ solid
just get a solid tranny mount too

bam.
more solid the better

just poly-e the stockers
its as stiff as those fancy expensive kazama/cusco/uras ones and only costs 6 bucks at home depot for the supplies.

Ritz S14
01-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Any pic/brand of the tubes you buy to fill these suckers?

r32gtr
01-27-2005, 04:33 PM
i've got teh cusco mounts, and mine is a daily driver, and i have no problems with them.

Dousan_PG
01-27-2005, 04:33 PM
just get the industrial type polyeurathane (i know i cant spell)
its easy
i think mine was some brown bottle?
its same type of bottle/container as caulking comes in
so you need the caulking gun too

pump it in, let it sit for a day or two
and then slap them in. works great
very solid.
my motor doesnt shake at all
but inside isnt 'pleasureable' for most, but i love it
everything rattles (well the ltitle i have inside)
and tranny is solid (have uras tranny mount i bought before i did all this)

its nice
solid and responsive

nissantuner22
01-27-2005, 05:37 PM
its called windo-weld. I believe. Its what the toyota guys use all the time. works AWESOME. its polyurethane in a tube!

sr20dets13
01-27-2005, 06:59 PM
well i read alot and almost everyone keeps saying go the window weld route! and i guess if that fails later on i can always change them as people say that is pretty easy also...

with the window weld stuff do i need to use something to hold it in there while it cures or and special tactic? ive also heard of people having troble gettin them in after, but i think ill be able to do it, nothing a pry bar cant fix...

well to save some cash ill go window weld.. should i window weld the tranny mount as well?