PDA

View Full Version : Silvia Headlight (please dont flame)

Chillaxed 240sx
01-21-2005, 04:43 PM
I have searched ... I found a few other threads with this question, but no one ever answered them.

Can someone please tell me how to wire in the headlights? I plan on doing the conversion within the next few months but I want to have all of my information availible before I lay down any cash on the parts. I have seen headlights with and without the wires sticking out the back. I am assuming that I should buy the lights with the wires sticking out of the back ... and I am going to be buying triple beam projectors since they seem to be the easiest to find and what comes with most of these kits that are for sale.

I have gone through trying to piece together a kit, but they end up being more expensive than a lot of kits that are out there. I have found cheaper parts on eBay, though, but most of the lights on eBay are lacking the wires in the back.

Also, how do you wire up the corner lenses? I have not searched on these as of yet, but I just saw them as I was looking at the list of parts for a conversion, and I forgot to ask this question.

But if someone could please post up a write up or point me in the directions of one on how to wire those headlights in to replace the stock bulbs in my S13, then that would be excellent.

btw - this is an S13 Silvia conversion, NOT the S15 or S14.

EDIT:
I found something detailing it on Sport Compact Car's website ... they say the headlight plugs directly into the stock headlight wiring harness for the 240sx, but does this work for the original Halogen bulbs only, or can it be applied to a Triple Projector headlamp?

http://sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0205scc_silvia24_zoom.jpg
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0205scc_silvia/

kingmoochr
01-21-2005, 05:06 PM
did my friends car 2 years ago, so details are hazy, but i dont remember having to do any splicing with the headlights. unplug from the headlight and plug in with your cars harness

Chillaxed 240sx
01-21-2005, 05:20 PM
All right. What about the corners? Does that also apply for triple beam projectors?

KingKong8247
01-21-2005, 07:45 PM
The headlights and high beams plug right into the stock one The amber corner lights you can take the bulbs from ur fender corner lights and take the whole thing out and put it into the silvia corner lights. I was able to do that on one of mine the other I spliced

The other corner lights, non-amber ones I havnt hooked up yet but Im going to splice them into the amber lights and the fogs I havnt hooked up either Maybe Ill take pics sometime

S13Koop
01-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Its really not that hard, if you have a test light, you're good to go.

240meowth
01-21-2005, 08:49 PM
this is how i did mine dual beam projector.

Use the existing plug and swap it right over.

Unplugged the fuse on the pop-up motor and tapped the pop-up wiring to turn on my fog lights (when i hit the pop-up switch or when i use my high beam, the fog comes on

the corner light I tapped into the parking light on fender

i used the USDM bulb socket for the bumper lights, they are interchangeable

the corner signal light, i tapped into the bumper lights

and than ur done and go show off to the world!!! and than u realize that the silvia projectors are crappy... and than you do some crazy mofidication 500 times and finally get some cool headlights like i did! =b

Scion
01-22-2005, 01:38 AM
Another question:

what type of bulbs is used on the dual projectors? and the other lights as well?

KingKong8247
01-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Unplugged the fuse on the pop-up motor and tapped the pop-up wiring to turn on my fog lights (when i hit the pop-up switch or when i use my high beam, the fog comes on
=b

Do you think you can explain this a little more? Does it go off again after awhile like some people have been having problems with? Thanks

Chillaxed 240sx
01-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Scion - check the FAQ section for the bulbs types.

All right ... I think I have all of the information I need to begin my conversion. I think now all I need to do is call up Jarco Inc and see what they can offer me. I would really like to get the dual halogen lights since they just seem to look the best, but I still cannot decide if I want the triple projectors since those might look better with the primer black paint scheme of my car ... Hmm ... oh well, I'll figure that out later.

Thanks for all of your help guys.

redline racer510
09-22-2008, 03:50 PM
isnt there a sticky on wiring this if not someone should make one

projectRDM
09-22-2008, 08:25 PM
isnt there a sticky on wiring this if not someone should make one

Why? When you can just bump a 3yr old thread about it?

WangonwWarrior
09-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Why? When you can just bump a 3yr old thread about it?

LMFAO why do people keep bumping old ass threads that will be locked immediatly? WTF