PDA

View Full Version : grinding in 4th gear s14 sr20det

james_s14
01-20-2005, 02:06 AM
hey guys, this is actually my first post here. well, first off, i have a 95 240sx with an s14 sr20det clip installed. ive had this for about 5 months. just recently i changed my tranny fluid, diff oil, and motor oil. i have a b&m short shifter as well but ive had this for a few months now. well anyways, just recently my 4th gear has been slightly grinding under moderate-full throttle. i have no idea why. so what i did was change the clutch slave, installed a nismo steel braided hose and ditched the damper box, bled the system a million times, adjusted the clutch pedal,and its doing the same thing. the clutch actually feels great. but i still have that grinding. i also get that 2nd gear grinding when i first start up my car before it warms up all the way. and now that i think of it, a lot of the time when im at a stop and i try to put it in 1st its really hard to..gotta kind of shove it in there. any suggestions would be great. oh, and i had a mechanic install a master cylinder a couple months ago. please guys help me out, ive tried so many things and nothing seams to work.