PDA

View Full Version : My HICAS woes.. Yes I have searched all day...

nickelmedia
01-12-2005, 06:31 PM
I bought a 91 240sx SE a few days ago and the mod bug took over. First, I want to put coilovers on the car. After searching, the general consensus of multiple forums is that manufacturers do not make coilovers for HICAS cars?? Is this true?

Also, is there absolutelyu no way at all to get ANY aftermarket steering wheel? Apparently, the momo hub does not work on HICAS cars. I want to set this car up for drift and right now I can't heel/toe beause I can turn my leg to the side (i'm 6'5")

Please tell me I have options because I will sell this car if I don't. I already plan to remove all things HICAS on this car so I'm definitely not trying to preserve it.

Help!!!

JDMark
01-12-2005, 08:18 PM
coilovers fit. HICAS wont work the way its supposed to as the alignment will be a lot different so it might feel unstable but thats it. and thats if you still have hicas on.

and im sure steering wheels fit too.

ps- im 6'6'' and i can heel toe, try harder.

aboutme2
01-12-2005, 08:20 PM
087-218-003 S13(w/ Super HICAS) (http://japanparts.com/shop/shop.cgi?mode=itemlist&maker=Nissan&type_car=Silvia%2f180SX+S13&type_second=Interior+and+Exterior&type_third=Steering%2fShifting)

hicas and coilovers (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=21821&highlight=hicas+coilovers)

the mounting points for hicas and non hicas cars arent any different

Dousan_PG
01-12-2005, 08:33 PM
I bought a 91 240sx SE a few days ago and the mod bug took over. First, I want to put coilovers on the car. After searching, the general consensus of multiple forums is that manufacturers do not make coilovers for HICAS cars?? Is this true?

Also, is there absolutelyu no way at all to get ANY aftermarket steering wheel? Apparently, the momo hub does not work on HICAS cars. I want to set this car up for drift and right now I can't heel/toe beause I can turn my leg to the side (i'm 6'5")

Please tell me I have options because I will sell this car if I don't. I already plan to remove all things HICAS on this car so I'm definitely not trying to preserve it.

Help!!!
1) you bought a hicas car because you want to drift
biggest mistake EVAR
HICAS sucks
ABS sucks
for drifting

you bought the worst car choice in 240sx models you could. congrats

2)
i have friend around 6'5 and they can heal toe fine
you need to practice more

3) upgrade your seat and put the wheel higher

as far as no hub you dont want hicas so cancell the hicas and get a regular hub

coilovers dont mattter
s13 is s13 all fit and work

hicas for drift. psst

oh btw, SELL the POS car
and get a base model or a SE w/o sunroof and dump the ABS system, its very easy to convert to non-abs

HaLo
01-12-2005, 08:50 PM
I have Hicas. I have coilovers... It all works.

nickelmedia
01-12-2005, 09:34 PM
I have Hicas. I have coilovers... It all works.

Have you tried an aftermarket hub?

nickelmedia
01-12-2005, 09:42 PM
087-218-003 S13(w/ Super HICAS) (http://japanparts.com/shop/shop.cgi?mode=itemlist&maker=Nissan&type_car=Silvia%2f180SX+S13&type_second=Interior+and+Exterior&type_third=Steering%2fShifting)

hicas and coilovers (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=21821&highlight=hicas+coilovers)

the mounting points for hicas and non hicas cars arent any different

So that's the part that EVERY Nissan dealer and the Nismo reseller I contacted said didn't exist. Awesome. So, pardon my noobness, but if I want to buy a sparco or nardi wheel, this will allow that? Or will I be limited to nismo wheels?

Dousan_PG
01-12-2005, 09:50 PM
wtf
SEARCH MODE

nismo wheels only?WTF your kidding right? jumping the bandwagon, NOT a good idea

nickelmedia
01-12-2005, 10:20 PM
wtf
SEARCH MODE

nismo wheels only?WTF your kidding right? jumping the bandwagon, NOT a good idea

I asked a simple question, and yes I have searched many forums with no luck. Do you know the answer? How am I jumping the bandwagon?

Dousan_PG
01-12-2005, 10:29 PM
240sx bandwagon
drifting...um...you cant be more obvious hahaha
but im sure you have always wanted one
whatever

go to the PICS OF MY CAR (or whatever thread) its called in the CHAT FORUM

how many folks you see run nismo wheels?
look at wheel threads, the wheel brand doesnt matter
if you read my reply above, holy shit you might have learned something.
you said you didnt want hicas, so why the hell does it matter if its hicas ready or not?

and YES there are hubs that can retain the gay hicas, brands, i dont know, because hicas sucks

and as far as hub and wheels, depends on what type of wheel it is made for. hubs like HKB are multi pattern

of course much can be learned in the search mode becaus all this is old news thats been posted before from the times ive been reading all this crap

nickelmedia
01-12-2005, 10:42 PM
240sx bandwagon
drifting...um...you cant be more obvious hahaha
but im sure you have always wanted one
whatever

go to the PICS OF MY CAR (or whatever thread) its called in the CHAT FORUM

how many folks you see run nismo wheels?
look at wheel threads, the wheel brand doesnt matter
if you read my reply above, holy shit you might have learned something.
you said you didnt want hicas, so why the hell does it matter if its hicas ready or not?

and YES there are hubs that can retain the gay hicas, brands, i dont know, because hicas sucks

and as far as hub and wheels, depends on what type of wheel it is made for. hubs like HKB are multi pattern

of course much can be learned in the search mode becaus all this is old news thats been posted before from the times ive been reading all this crap

If you read my post you would see that it says "I already plan to remove all things HICAS on this car so I'm definitely not trying to preserve it."

It MATTERS if it's Hicas ready because if Hicas uses a different size spline in the steering column, well then I can't just get any hub I want can I?

And if wheel brand doesn't matter, try putting a momo wheel on a nismo hub. See if it works. Wheel brand DOES matter if the hub doesn't support certain wheels.

And as far as the 'bandwagon' I apologize for not having a 240 as long as you. I haven't always wanted one, but I do now. You were a n00b once too, don't forget that.

Dousan_PG
01-12-2005, 10:48 PM
um..its not different
so there goes that idea

and i said, IF you are able to read

as far as hub and wheels, depends on what type of wheel it is made for. hubs like HKB are multi pattern

oh and you can always buy adapters

always wanted one. yup. suuure. and it only took 12+ years to buy one! WOW!

and btw, i was a newb who read A LOT
i was reading zilvia/fa a good 6-8 months before i bought my 240sx. so no posting, read so much so i knew enough when i bought my old car, i knew exactly what i did and didnt want.

DocTaDrifT
01-12-2005, 10:54 PM
hahaha i think someone got :Owned:

vegita319
01-12-2005, 11:32 PM
To be honest, you sell ur car with hicas instead of removing it. I know there are people who would like to have a car with Hicas, especially for daily driving. That way you can get a hardtop base model so that it has a little bit stiffer chasis and will be lighter. You also won't have to worry about figuring if steering wheel fits or not too. BTW, welcome to owning a 240 and hope you enjoy your car.

-Henry

nickelmedia
01-12-2005, 11:49 PM
I haven't always wanted one, but I do now.

always wanted one. yup. suuure. and it only took 12+ years to buy one! WOW!

gg public schools.

Dousan_PG
01-13-2005, 12:12 AM
whoops my bad

glad you had such a great reply

good job!
post it on the fridge now

HaLo
01-13-2005, 08:14 AM
The best way to remove the HICAS is to change the complete rear subframe... if not, sell the car. Eliminator bars aren't worth CRAP.

katbak
01-13-2005, 12:44 PM
<--- Newb... And I would have searched this but I don't think it is necessarilly searchable...

What does heel/toe mean.

And why is HICAS such a bad brand, for steering wise what is this huge difference.

And did the other guy trash nismo wheels because I have no idea what he was saying...

hey... at least I try... :smash:
Thanks peace

Dousan_PG
01-13-2005, 12:48 PM
heal/toe driving technique
use google.

hicas
http://www.socal240sx.org/faq/hicas.html

no not trashing nismo wheels but the idea that only they would fit the hub.

aznpoopy
01-13-2005, 01:01 PM
this thread was entertaining.

1) you bought a hicas car because you want to drift
biggest mistake EVAR
HICAS sucks
ABS sucks
for drifting

you bought the worst car choice in 240sx models you could. congrats

:rofl:

DRO916
01-13-2005, 03:08 PM
stopped reading round the middle of the thread, but anyway, if ur still looking for a hub, try jspec.com, hkb hubs in a pink box, sam can help u out.

works on my car (92 hicas) with a quick release and nardi wheel.

nickelmedia
01-13-2005, 06:50 PM
stopped reading round the middle of the thread, but anyway, if ur still looking for a hub, try jspec.com, hkb hubs in a pink box, sam can help u out.

works on my car (92 hicas) with a quick release and nardi wheel.

Thank you!

I think it was one of your posts I came across while searching. You had just put that hub on and you said it felt like you completely lost power steering? Does this sound familiar? Maybe it was someone else.

DocTaDrifT
01-13-2005, 08:41 PM
<--- Newb... And I would have searched this but I don't think it is necessarilly searchable...

What does heel/toe mean.

And why is HICAS such a bad brand, for steering wise what is this huge difference.

And did the other guy trash nismo wheels because I have no idea what he was saying...

hey... at least I try... :smash:
Thanks peace

all i can say is wow i think you do need to search......search A LOT

DRO916
01-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Thank you!

I think it was one of your posts I came across while searching. You had just put that hub on and you said it felt like you completely lost power steering? Does this sound familiar? Maybe it was someone else.

yeah that was me, its been about 3 months since, and i've gotten used to it. it actually feels better to me now, feels tighter and a more responsive. only thing is my hicas light stays on once in a while, doesnt seem to affect anything tho

heres a pic of it w/o the quick release:
http://img59.exs.cx/img59/2415/dsc04110a3nw.jpg