PDA

View Full Version : uh oh..i crashed my zenki again

jononioo
01-09-2005, 07:21 PM
:2f2f: I crashed my zenki the other day and my front left suspension is jacked up. My buddies and i assesed the damage today and found that 3 things need to be reaplaced to make my car drivable again. My problem is that i need these 3 parts by this weekend and i only have $200 bucks to spend on them, so im prolly gonna end up gettting used oem parts. anyway, heres the parts list.

1) front left lower control arm ($40 junkyard)
2)Tension Rod ($150 courtsey nissan)
3)Entier tie rod, innner and outer(?)

The left lower control arm isn't going to be a problem b/c car-parts.com has a ton of em for a resonable price.

The cheapes tension rods i can find are 150bucks... if anyone knows were i can find some oem ones/used ones for cheaper please let me know. I can't find them on car-parts.com. I think they are listed under a name im not familar with

I can't find any used tie rods period. The only ones i can find are the hard tie rods that are about 240 bucks.

If anyone can help... please feel free to input on this thread
thanks
jon o.

TheTimanator
01-09-2005, 07:28 PM
if your having trouble finding cheap used parts online...stop looking online.

Go to a local junkyard and get the parts yourself. You'll save yourself a ton of money b/c there used and you won't have to pay shipping.

I just threw away some good used tension rods :doh:

jononioo
01-09-2005, 07:37 PM
there anrn't any local junkyards where i live and even if there was, i can't drive there to get the parts.

Var
01-09-2005, 07:54 PM
for starters, you can post in WTB section. that way people selling parts will send you them. I'm sure a ton of ppl on this forum have factory t/c rods and tie rods laying around in their garages

there's nothing tech about this post, and you're just hurting yourself by not posting in WTB section.

-usmd-180sx
01-09-2005, 08:10 PM
i crashed my car.. and fixed it in 2 days! with 0 $$ and on a side of a road in a neighborhood 30 miles from my house! beat that!! MUHAhahhA.. cuz we gotta drift disaster crew. DDC! and we make wonders happen :wavey:

Bryants95240sx
01-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Damn i had some tension rods a week ago but gave them to a friend. You can get a djustable tension rods off of courtsey nissan for a 150 i believe so your best be would to check pull apart Well i know of a junkyard in bessemer that has a 240 with the front suspension in tact. But i dont know where you live so.

Id-
01-09-2005, 10:12 PM
where do you live in alabama where there are no junkyards? theres TONS of them all over the state

there's like 3 here in mobile that have TONS of S13s and a few S14s...

as for wrecking your S14, shame on you...

jononioo
01-10-2005, 12:43 PM
i live in auburn... my only problem with getting parts is that i need them by this week and i can't go anywere (don't have a car). but i def will post in the want to buy section!!!