PDA

View Full Version : reckless driving misdemeanor?

aznxplayer
01-09-2005, 06:50 PM
hello all, driving down to socal just yesterday, i got pulled over by a cop and he wrote me at ticket for reckless driving. he said i have to show up to the courthouse in shafter, which is like...SUPER far from the bay area. i was going about 100mph (yes i know i was speeding), and i accidentally cut someone off, then i got pulled over.

has anyone gotten this 2 point traffic misdemeanor, and tell me what happened to them and/or the best way to go about dealing with the violation? i wnna know what to expect and what excuses will work/not work.

thanks

and if youre gnna flame me for speeding, save your energy.

citizen
01-09-2005, 07:40 PM
just wondering if you got a ticket for speeding as well as reckless driving?

aznxplayer
01-09-2005, 07:45 PM
no, just the reckless driving, he put the speed on the ticket though.

aznxplayer
01-09-2005, 07:52 PM
oh and do i have to go to that court or is it possible to change it somehow that i dont know.

Var
01-09-2005, 08:21 PM
My dad got a ticket in Shafter before. fuck those bitches. It's a super republican mini town close to ButtonWillow. Anyways..you HAVE to make the drive out there for certain tickets, and your is one of them. Sorry

wootwoot
01-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Yeah, the truth is a better excuse then bullshitting getting tied in your own lies and pissing off the judge.

aznxplayer
01-10-2005, 01:46 AM
yes, thats true. damn. oh well i guess i can try to make the judge feel sorry for me? who knows. i just dont want my license suspended. =\

S14Crossovr
01-10-2005, 02:25 AM
just curious about how you are gonna make a judge feel sorry for you after you got a reckless driving ticket? maybe I can use that method later

Twinkie
01-10-2005, 03:12 AM
my brother got multiple traffic tickets in less than 3 months. ALL speeding tickets. something like 4 tickets within 3 months and he had to go to court and all and got his license suspended for about 3 + months. but non of them were above 100mph.

so im guessing you wont get your license suspended...but then your speed was a 3 digit number so im really not sure. most likely youll just get a fat ass fine. sorry man.

ps. yall try not to speed soo much...its dangerous and scary if you think about it.i used to do 100mph all the time, but finally realized that its not worth it. first of all your wearing out your engine and what not, second of all your risking lives, third of all, if you dotn get hurt in an accident, then youll go broke paying for insurence/tickets/getting sued and what not. now i just drive the speed limit, if not maybe 5 - 10 mph over. being late a couple minutes is better than not getting to your destination at all because of a worthless accident. ahh i feel like im lecturing or something...just want to keep my zilvia brothas safe.

aznxplayer
01-10-2005, 02:52 PM
im thinkin about just bustin the pity thing, like "oh i learned my lesson..." (since its the first speeding ticket i got) and like "yea i know i was wrong by speeding and i know its not worth it now...blah blah blah."

yea speeding sucks, and i regularly go speed limit just to save gas on the sr, but like...damn, driving on 5 is so boring lol and i just wanted to see my gf. >=(

nistech
01-10-2005, 04:45 PM
:rolleyes: 2points

thx247
01-10-2005, 06:52 PM
2 points, 30 day suspension, min 400 fine, the wreckless will increase the fine I'll guess. You could try to call the courthouse and get it moved to a closer court- if there is one. Mandatory apperance, or hire an attorney to go for you.

aznxplayer
01-11-2005, 02:37 PM
is the 30 day suspension for sure? or is there a posibility that the judge wont suspend my license?

thx247
01-11-2005, 05:36 PM
no, 30 days is the letter of the law iirc.

fliprayzin240sx
01-12-2005, 12:09 AM
unless things changed, last i checked, depending on the county reckless is like street racing which carries a $994 fine *least in solano county* Your lucky they didnt impound your car on the spot since u broke 100mph.

kiss my bumper
01-13-2005, 07:04 PM
well i got a wreckless 8point ticket one nite for "slidin around" went to court dressedv up and got it droped to a two point, and i also have to take a cone course driving class :2f2f: not bad at all! also the cop wrote up eluding on the back of the ticket. but thats up in colorado.

aznxplayer
01-16-2005, 02:38 AM
hmmm that gives me hope, well that gives me time to start a project or do somethin to my car if its gnna be sittin in my garage for 30 days -___-

tew photy
01-16-2005, 03:20 PM
yea for 100+, they take it for 30 days, 99.9% guarantee. i should know, i just got mine back like 2 months ago for doing 110 on the san mateo bridge.

oh, and contact a lawyer, it can be worth it. they *might* be able to save you the trips out there and/or keep the points off your record. if you spend the money for the lawyer, it will be worth it when your insurance does not double dude, trust me.