PDA

View Full Version : s14 front timing cover on s13 ka?

mikespeed95
01-08-2005, 08:18 PM
the timing cover for the lower chain, willa s14 one work on an s13?

we have a oil pump off an s14 motor that is good, we are currently rebuilidng a s13 ka with new everything minus oil pupmp b/c the s14 oil pump is fine and totally within spec and a new one is 200 bux from nissan. which is hwy im asking.

please no posts like

"it should work, ive never touched anything that contacts oil on my ka but it should work"

or

"i dont have a set of hex keys but ive built 30 ka's in my life"

or

"why cant you get a s13 front cover"

or

"buy a new oil pump"

but please post posts like

"yes it will work/no it will not work, i know for a fact b/c i am poor, and do my own work, and have rebuilt ka's before and would like to help you with CORRECT information reguarding your problem you are having since you are worried about passages/bolts/sealing and making your motor work correctly"

weirdstyles.net
01-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Telling us how to answer isnt going to get you too far...

Call Nissan, tell them to cross the part numbers for you.

mikespeed95
01-09-2005, 02:40 AM
what i was tryign to say was if you dont have a freaking clue what the hell you are talking about please dont post.

i guess i need to add "if you cant read dont post" because obviously you didnt read where i obviosly stated that the castings are different , as are the oil galleys and everything else. the boltholes seem to line up but theres some questionable things i cannot see. but thanks for posting something stupid, i truly appreciate it

:mephfawk:

again, has anoyone done this / will it work. im iffy on it, it seems like it will "work" fitment is close but nowhere near exact

Dweezil
01-09-2005, 03:59 AM
i obviosly stated that the castings are different , as are the oil galleys and everything else.

Theres your answer. If it dosen't line up to the block the same then it won't work.

mikespeed95
01-09-2005, 04:09 AM
Theres your answer. If it dosen't line up to the block the same then it won't work.

the castings are different but only slightly. if you had any 1st hand experience it would be nice, but since your ignorance is pointing towards no thanks for giving another stupid, worthless uneducated post of babble.

anyone (if there is anyone) who has treid this please give me some input on your personal , real life, 1st hand experience. if you havent move onto the next thread about "help me change my spark plugs b/c im a n00b" and post there, then you can feel cool about yourself for posting in tech forums even though you shouldn't be posting there. but dont post your uneducated crap here. it gets annoying,a nd the last 5 or 6 threads i have posted here asking legit questions i have gotten nothign but responses from stupid people with stock ka, who are "planning on doing xxx" but have no real experience, and for the most part no factual clue as to wtf they are talking about.

now AGAIN, if you KNOW if this will / will not work please post. thanks.

mikespeed95
01-09-2005, 04:23 AM
also im not TRYING to be an asshole, i am just extremely annoyed with the EXTREME amount of misinformation and wrong information being spread across forums nowadays by people who

1) have never been within 100 miles of installs/hybriding they are posting about , but read someone talking about ka vs sr so they know every intricate detail on how to build up a ca18

2) own a stock ka, stock suspnesion s14 base model and are tryign to tell you how to put a 300zx maf on your sr etc etc

if you can help me out post.

if you cant help me out dont post, because it pisses me off extremely.

projectRDM
01-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Welcome to Earth. Be prepared for ignorance, it's full of it.

I have not swapped a lower cover between motors as of yet, but the upper cover will swap over fine, however there's an additional hole required that must be drilled. If that leads you to a better answer then use it, if not that's all I can offer.

weirdstyles.net
01-09-2005, 12:44 PM
you may not be tryin, but god damn are you succeding.

Anyone wanna pink this guy just for being a butt-nugget?

Dweezil
01-09-2005, 03:34 PM
2nd

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Dweezil
01-09-2005, 03:39 PM
the castings are different but only slightly. if you had any 1st hand experience it would be nice, but since your ignorance is pointing towards no thanks for giving another stupid, worthless uneducated post of babble.

anyone (if there is anyone) who has treid this please give me some input on your personal , real life, 1st hand experience. if you havent move onto the next thread about "help me change my spark plugs b/c im a n00b" and post there, then you can feel cool about yourself for posting in tech forums even though you shouldn't be posting there. but dont post your uneducated crap here. it gets annoying,a nd the last 5 or 6 threads i have posted here asking legit questions i have gotten nothign but responses from stupid people with stock ka, who are "planning on doing xxx" but have no real experience, and for the most part no factual clue as to wtf they are talking about.

now AGAIN, if you KNOW if this will / will not work please post. thanks.

Dumbass, if the castings are different and the ports don't line up it probebly won't work. It dosen't take a genius to figure this out, and the fact that you can look and tell that it's different and still have to ask a question about it should make it obvious that you shoulden't be rebuilding an engine in the first place. Just the fact that you would spend the money on a rebuild and want to cheap out on something important like an oil pump means you shouldent be allowed to touch a car in the first place.

mikespeed95
01-09-2005, 04:40 PM
look cockmaster, youve obviosly never done it and have no clue wtf im talking about.

it does fit, the outer edges going onto the block arent exactly jdm tyte flush, but it works, the coolant passages were all okay, but when we put it on we could not see behind the cover, and our light wasnt bright enough to be able to see well. this morning we had light, other than cosmetically looking slightly like a misfit in some areas around the mating surfaces between the block it works perfectly fine.

thanks to all of you who posted useless info b/c you dont know what the hell youa re talking about, but feel that you can add to your post count by making some stupid comments.'

imho the only one who shoudl have posted here was r240na. none you other homos had anything to contribute to this thread but useless babble from your inexperience.

now this thread can be closed. thanks for participating.

mikespeed95
01-09-2005, 04:40 PM
look cockmaster, youve obviosly never done it and have no clue wtf im talking about.

it does fit, the outer edges going onto the block arent exactly jdm tyte flush, but it works, the coolant passages were all okay, but when we put it on we could not see behind the cover, and our light wasnt bright enough to be able to see well. this morning we had light, other than cosmetically looking slightly like a misfit in some areas around the mating surfaces between the block it works perfectly fine.

thanks to all of you who posted useless info b/c you dont know what the hell youa re talking about, but feel that you can add to your post count by making some stupid comments.'

imho the only one who shoudl have posted here was r240na. none you other homos had anything to contribute to this thread but useless babble from your inexperience.

now this thread can be closed. thanks for participating.

doainwpg
01-09-2005, 06:34 PM
well as it looks like you've decided to try this go for it & then come back and tell us if it worked properly or not.

Pacman
01-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Pink?

Heres 1 for my post count.

mikespeed95
01-09-2005, 08:36 PM
we treid it last ngiht and were extremely iffy on it, workign in the garage with 2 shoplights and the rooflight we couldnt exactly see every intricate detail, we could tell the water passages were lined up , but the block - cover fitment looks like it isnt quite fitting, the bolts lined up but teh fitment really looks questionable. today i the day light we were able to take it off, install it and look down into the front cover and realize it will work okay after i gave up someone having actual knowledge of anythign on the internet other than what they have misread on the internet.

but for the record a s14 front cover will work, doesnt look like it will fit flush, some black rtv works for a gasket, the oil pump fits perfectly onto the crank, the front seal seals correctly and everythign works.

and i dont know what the pink crap is, but seriously, i get extremely annoyed with stupid peopel posting in response to a question they have no legitimate feedback on.

zero.counter
01-09-2005, 09:10 PM
There was a difference I noted when attempting to fit as you have,that being that the 91-94 heads do not have the bolt hole tapped behind the upper timing cover where the distributor meets up in the same place as the 95-98.

We had some oil leakage when trying this from pulling spare parts from a donor engine and had to look for an exact match. I will never forget the clean-up either.

BTW, be nice and patient...patience is a virtue.

weirdstyles.net
01-09-2005, 09:44 PM
blah blah blah...
you suck...