PDA

View Full Version : The Skateboard Thread

Fastback180
01-08-2005, 09:53 AM
This one's for all those sidewalk surfing, cube gleamers. Since i know there's a bunch of you on here, I made this post so you can talk, complain and post junk.

I've skated for most of my life, got back into it about a year ago and was finally getting switch stuff together, then i had to quit. Now i'm back. Finally landed a frontside nollie lastnight when we went out. here's a pic of some perfect little gap i kick flipped.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/hankparker/gap.jpg

Heartwork
01-08-2005, 02:59 PM
dooope...
i skated for a while, maybe 7-8 years non stop until i fractured my ankle and broke the bone behind my shin :( Attempted to do a 360 flip off a 4 foot launch rap, back foot got caught underneath the rear truck, front foot landed on board and i rolled completely over my right foot....

last trick landed was a nollie 360 flip and nollie frontside kickflip....since then i just cruise around my board to and from school, ollie'ing small gaps and such....not daring or anything anymore :(

jdm538
01-08-2005, 03:28 PM
ive been skating since i was 9 thats a good pic, i remember when i made tons of videos and sent them to different companies to get sponsored.. Now i juss work on my car..

element240
01-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Now i juss work on my car..

haha that's how i am now..i moved onto my car/school
well i skated for 4 yrs, but since i started college i kinda stopped.

well one day this past summer i decided to go skating after not doing so for the whole year, and well...i did about 100 kickflips that day, and the next morning my leg got screwed up...i don't know if i pinched a nerve or something but i can't fully extend my left leg without there being a sharp pain..

but i broke my board last fall so i'm looking to get an element fiberlight this spring :)

ps: your camera man sucks at taking pics... :faint:

zaneithan
01-08-2005, 10:44 PM
i wish i still had time to skate :(

JtWo
01-08-2005, 11:06 PM
The last thing I did was do an anti casper flip....doing that flip cause my front truck to break where? out of all places...the base...how the hell do I crack the base? Lol

s0ldats
01-09-2005, 01:37 AM
chris likes no complies and stylish hand flips

Brian
01-09-2005, 01:41 AM
what the fuck is an anti casper flip?

i skated for a while. never really got good. could never do flip tricks for shit.
i mostly jumped off of stuff. tried little techy lines here and there, but they always sucked.
gaps and stairs and frontside boardslides is what i lied.

s0ldats
01-09-2005, 02:13 AM
what the fuck is an anti casper flip?

i skated for a while. never really got good. could never do flip tricks for shit.
i mostly jumped off of stuff. tried little techy lines here and there, but they always sucked.
gaps and stairs and frontside boardslides is what i lied.

sounds like some tony hawk's pro skater special move.

Fastback180
01-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Yeah that camera guy did suck!
he's actually alright at photography but doesn't know the whole concept of cinematography angles and where to shoot. i had to place him in differnt spots but he would complain so i was just like "okay what ever, just do it how you want to"

last year i had NO time to skate at all , and i thought i grew out of it which was funny cause my mom was always like "you'll never grown out of it. you'll stop, but for good reasons. but you've always loved it since you weren't even big enough to ride a skateboard"
now i find a lot of time on my hands after work, and being stationed here in the UK, there's a skate park in every town, and in London, no one hassles you and it's one of the illest cities i have ever been to period.

i ride a casual deck. they're a new brand out of Washington DC. they have pretty good pop and are quality boards, so i would rather support the home team than the world wide conglomorant that has the same quality boards.
http://www.casualdecks.com/images/hardthumbs/decks.jpg
i ride a 7.50 w/an airel photo of Freedom Plaza (for anyone who knows that's from the DC area)

Brian
01-09-2005, 03:51 PM
anybody remember thir very first deck?
mine was Eric Koston OG girl. the one that had the radio graphic. the board looked like a radio. it was silver. i think later they made a yellow version for osme reason.
after that Koston, i went to a Guy Mariano OG girl, yellow iwth italian flag in the girl logo.
i used to go through boards like water. first blank deck i ever got, i broke it first day riding. 8 stair to snap tail to splits. ouch. haha.
it helped to live down here in SoCal because you could just go to the Huntington Park and buy decks for $5 off people. i bought some from Billy Pepper.

SoCalS14
01-09-2005, 04:35 PM
anybody remember thir very first deck?

Alva. Fred Smith, Punk Size...

I used to love gaps, stairs, and wall riding. Nothing like your launch ramp butted up against the local gorcery store wall out back. Great stuff....

I skated until college, where I finally could afford a snowboard. No thats all I've done for the last eight years. Snowboards offered more speed, air, and pipe riding was hella easier.

But I have to give props to skating, I would have never progressed on a snowboard without the roots I had in skating.

Shoot...I remember when kicknose boards first appeared...I had a Powell, Caballero model...little-ass nose on it...funny chit when I think about it.

jdm538
01-09-2005, 05:09 PM
i never bought name decks i never had enough money so i just bought decks off guys or blank decks..

element240
01-10-2005, 12:01 PM
first deck was a blind reaper (when i was 15 yrs old)

now i ride mainly element boards

carkid0007
01-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Ive skated almost a year now, doing it once a month about is all I have the time for anymore, but my first deck was a Blind, and it lasted a long time !

JtWo
01-11-2005, 06:07 PM
An anti casper is not something I learned from tony hawk pro skater...hell I don't even have that game. It's pretty much just a 360 heal flip, but turns the the reverse way

rrobe99999
01-12-2005, 02:59 PM
My first deck was a Walker Shawn Peddie. He was a pro skater that lived near me and had his own bowl in his backyard. I skated back yard half pipes every day until they all got torn down. I also loved insane downhill runs. I still skate at a local skatepark but its overrun with BMXers and getting pretty rough. I now ride an Alva John Thomas. I still stay on the halfpipe mostly doing airs, grinds, footplants, handplants, rock & rolls, acid drops and ollies. I tried a kick flip once and the board hit my shin. I tried a boarslide once and landed on my ass. I skate 'cus its fun and try not to get hurt.

Heartwork
01-12-2005, 06:22 PM
hmmm, my very first deck my mom bought me when i was a kid.... it was a John Lucero board with the monster looking guy behind the jail cell....classic picture...but i wasnt doing any tricks or anything, i was just riding around on one knee like every little kid used to ;)

my first deck that i really used was a Think deck...with a graffiti tag on it...rode Thinks for a while then switched to Real then to Powell, Chocolate, New Deal, Rhythm, Zoo York, etc...

out of all those boards teh New Deals felt the strongest to me, either that or i learned how not to land on the weakest points of the board...either way, a deck is a deck is a deck....

Brian
01-12-2005, 07:24 PM
i agree, the New Deals did feel different. I had a couple Rob G. decks since he is from the LBC too.
usually very snappy.

silviaz
01-12-2005, 07:56 PM
oh my god... The good old days !

Fastback180
01-25-2005, 10:04 AM
yay for Dan_s13 for taking some ill pictures the other night, we had a few others, but i can't find his album...

i'm all "arrrrrrrrrrhhhhhh!"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Dan_s13/skatepic.jpg

ruthlesstyper
01-25-2005, 05:28 PM
This thread is nice. brings back so many memories. I grew up in Long Beach, CA and there were quit a few skaters too. Terry Kenedey was in the same grade as me and went to my high school. But like most of you I have moved on and just sticking to work/school/cars/surf now.. I used to be hardcore skater though. Nice thread =D

RSP13-Sideways
01-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Hellllllllll yea I just got back into boarding mid last year.......

I rock element boards mostly.........Lets go skating Fastback180, I'm mostly off the pier in Frisco....

Fastback180
01-26-2005, 04:58 AM
hell yeah! the Frisco pier!
holy shit man...that place is so sick for just dicking around and doing tricks.
straight up on some chocolate shit.

AllenRPS13
01-27-2005, 04:52 AM
i give it up a long time ago since i don't have time on it... but u guys are awesome

RSP13-Sideways
01-27-2005, 10:18 AM
hell yeah! the Frisco pier!
holy shit man...that place is so sick for just dicking around and doing tricks.
straight up on some chocolate shit.

hahahah hell yea

Fastback180
01-27-2005, 11:46 AM
Keenan Lives

sad enough for you guys on the west to lose Keenan Milton a while back, but on the east coast we lost Pepe Martinez, one of DC's finest not too long ago
http://sk8world.wz.cz/pepe_martinez_lg.jpeg
http://element.commotion.jp/news/pepe.jpg

I grew up watching him and Andy Stone skate back in the mid 90's when they were just heading down the road to become pro.

Fastback180
01-27-2005, 11:50 AM
Dan_s13 and me at the end of a session...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/hankparker/50634949_l.jpg

Thrash Brigade...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/hankparker/tonyliplicker.jpg

S14DB
01-27-2005, 02:47 PM
I want a CF board.

Caps Lock
01-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Keenan Lives

sad enough for you guys on the west to lose Keenan Milton a while back, but on the east coast we lost Pepe Martinez, one of DC's finest not too long ago

I grew up watching him and Andy Stone skate back in the mid 90's when they were just heading down the road to become pro.

Keenan was from Manhattan, New York.

AlligatorBling
01-28-2005, 06:21 PM
my first deck was a bannana board, and sence then i have grown way too tall and way too wide to even consider getting on a board.

Fastback180
01-29-2005, 07:36 AM
Keenan was from Manhattan, New York.

yes i know that...but he stayed on the west coast more than the east

at my friends park on the side of his house back home in VA...
http://g.myspace.com/00039/87/23/39913278_l.jpg