PDA

View Full Version : I recieved Gran Turismo 4 in the mail today.

Zenki_S14
01-03-2005, 10:52 PM
This is the Japanese version. My friend sent it on the 29th and I recieved it today. I've been playing it the past few hours and so far, it's pretty freakin' sweet. The car physics is so much better. The graphics aren't as good as the pics I've seen on the net, but then again, it could just be my TV. It's cool because I started off with enough credit to buy me my S14 Zenki. Woot Wooot!!! Looks like I won't be going out as much anymore. This game rocks!!! :rawk:

SilviaDriver
01-03-2005, 11:21 PM
HDloader n sell sell sell!!!

Burmonster
01-03-2005, 11:23 PM
^yes yes yes

I am jealous

d r i f t swift
01-03-2005, 11:46 PM
i am also jealous.

w1ngzer0
01-04-2005, 12:09 AM
i am also jealous.

lol i guess this is the jealous thread. Time to buy it. Never knew the jdm version was out

Twinkie
01-04-2005, 02:33 AM
hey! awesome! but im curious...the last one didnt let you buy USED cars...and thats one of the big flaws of it. Does this one let you buy used cars?? hope so...

Zenki_S14
01-04-2005, 02:51 AM
hey! awesome! but im curious...the last one didnt let you buy USED cars...and thats one of the big flaws of it. Does this one let you buy used cars?? hope so...
Yes, it does let you buy used cars. Lots of different kinds, too. And just like the older version, in every ten days, the selections will change. Since I can't read Japanese, I'm still trying to figure out a WHOLE bunch of other stuff in the game. Haha.

nrg
01-04-2005, 03:09 AM
Very nice. The game is floating around online. But seems to not work on chip or HDloader. Protection or bad rip.

Here's a translation page: http://image.lik-sang.com/content/gt4/translation.htm

NZO
01-04-2005, 05:35 AM
It cant be flattened properly for use on the HD. Maybe someone will get it working soon.

d r i f t swift
01-04-2005, 08:22 AM
Yes, it does let you buy used cars. Lots of different kinds, too. And just like the older version, in every ten days, the selections will change. Since I can't read Japanese, I'm still trying to figure out a WHOLE bunch of other stuff in the game. Haha.

this is sweet. im probably going to get the game. and then probably wait till a cheap used 240z pops up. man i cant wait for this stupid game. and for that little playstation portable shit

exitspeed
01-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Can you expand on any of the drift events? I'm curious as to how those work.

nlzmo400r
01-04-2005, 10:12 AM
if you lived closer, id murder you. (sorry im a big fan of the game)

KiDyNomiTe
01-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Can you expand on any of the drift events? I'm curious as to how those work.
AFAIK there isn't one. They have D1 cars, Nomukens R34, Taniguchi's S15, and Muroa's (sp?) FC.

kazuo
01-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Nothing to HD load cus both rips out right now have been nuked...

blah.

A good rip will come anyday now.

TiNMAN
01-04-2005, 03:03 PM
damnit! cant wait for this ish to drop already!! BAHHHHHH! how much longer do we have to suffer!!?!!?!! :cry:

YoungRookie
01-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Bahhh this game needs to come out now!! all these snap shots have me so anxious to play the game. Is modding the cars the same way? i.e. stage 1..stage 2...

exitspeed
01-04-2005, 08:13 PM
AFAIK there isn't one. They have D1 cars, Nomukens R34, Taniguchi's S15, and Muroa's (sp?) FC.

I read that tere wer supposed to be drift events like D1. They weren't going to call it D1 but it was going to be like that.

Stock-S13
01-04-2005, 08:24 PM
yeah... I got the soundtarck... and the game!

Oh and for the envious; STILL HAVENT EVEN PLAYED THE GAME! Haha, made ramps for the RHS13 today- cal' to row'....

ALTRNTV
01-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Damn you! Now go make each one of us copies. :wiggle:

Stock-S13
01-04-2005, 08:57 PM
DELETED....................

Zenki_S14
01-05-2005, 01:04 AM
just to let you guys know, burning the game will not work on mod chips. we tried to burn it onto a disc tonight, but our 4.7 gig disc is still too small. And yes, modding the cars are still the same. Some things that I noticed that were new was a fuel gauge next to the speedometer, nitrous in the buying options, jdm bling bling wheels, actual pitcrew changing your tires, Tuner shops (HKS, Blitz, etc.), and a hole bunch of other stuff.

nrg
01-05-2005, 01:45 AM
ZenkiS14, GT4 is can be burned on a dual layer dvd. The game is a DVD9 (Dual Layer) disc.

Burning the game is fine, getting it to work on a chip or HDloader is another story. No one cracked the game yet. Just give the release group time.

90RS13
01-05-2005, 04:38 AM
Why do people wanna burn games? Especially one like GT4? I mean, Polyphony Digital, put so much work, and time into this game so that you could play the most realistic/best car enthusiasts game yet. Then people can't wait a couple months or fork over $50, or whatever? I know in this day and age, it's not cool to be against piracy, but I just think that stealing a game that someone worked so hard on is just lame.

KiDyNomiTe
01-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Why do people wanna burn games? Especially one like GT4? I mean, Polyphony Digital, put so much work, and time into this game so that you could play the most realistic/best car enthusiasts game yet. Then people can't wait a couple months or fork over $50, or whatever? I know in this day and age, it's not cool to be against piracy, but I just think that stealing a game that someone worked so hard on is just lame.

I pirate a lot of crap especially when I had Dreamcast, but I will buy GT4, but I will probably still put it on HDloader and whatnot when I get it so I don't have to deal with loading times.

nrg
01-05-2005, 11:59 PM
I buy two games. GTA:SA and GT4. Everything else is bootleged. =D

ZK
01-06-2005, 11:24 AM
I just read somewhere that GT4 doesn't support 2 player memory card battles?!!?!

Can anyone confirm this?

Dunkee
01-06-2005, 01:57 PM
This is the Japanese version. My friend sent it on the 29th and I recieved it today. I've been playing it the past few hours and so far, it's pretty freakin' sweet. The car physics is so much better. The graphics aren't as good as the pics I've seen on the net, but then again, it could just be my TV. It's cool because I started off with enough credit to buy me my S14 Zenki. Woot Wooot!!! Looks like I won't be going out as much anymore. This game rocks!!! :rawk:

The pics you've seen are prob from Photomode which cranks up the res...you can also crank up the res in-game but you need a high def TV.

BTW, no drift mode as of yet...and no memory card in two player has also been confirmed :-/ It's still an awesome game though...and Zenki is back :D

exitspeed
01-06-2005, 04:55 PM
I have one more question. So there are no aero parts to put on your car except for wings, right? And is there a custom paint mode to do cool paintjobs.

KiDyNomiTe
01-06-2005, 06:23 PM
I have one more question. So there are no aero parts to put on your car except for wings, right? And is there a custom paint mode to do cool paintjobs.
pretty sure only wings and wheels can be changed exterior wise.

Dutchmalmiss
01-07-2005, 02:12 AM
anyone figure out how to play dual layer games with the HDloader program yet? i know there's a complex way to do it, but i don't know what it is.....