PDA

View Full Version : starting problems

madspecvman
01-03-2005, 10:09 AM
well i have my whole swap done. everything is hooked up. now my wiring was done by another person. and there are a few issues..my safc is on all the time. it doesnt turn off when i take the key out. the LED on the ecu is on. and my dash lights are on, jsut the brake, oil, seatbelt, battery, and door lights. they are all on. i start to crank, the oil pump light goes out when i crank it. the car will catch and start and then die. and when it does start i give it gas and it dies. so i dunno what exactly is going on. anyone have any ideas? timing is set at 15*, the tps is right on.maf is good. but i dont have my iacv tube hooked up, bc the intercooler pipes i had made dosent have it yet. could that do anything?

s14 blacktop
01-03-2005, 11:38 AM
your wiring is screwed..get a fsm and check everything yourself , make shure the essential engine wires, like coilpack, IACV, etc.., are hooked up correctly...

orion::S14
01-03-2005, 11:38 AM
i dont have my iacv tube hooked up, bc the intercooler pipes i had made dosent have it yet. could that do anything?

Car can;t idle without an "idle air control valve" regulating things...

Fix that first, and then try it again.

If you still have issues, then maybe we can help.

- Brian

madspecvman
01-03-2005, 08:44 PM
well it started for a bit again..and i could actually rev to about 3k with out it dying..or so i thought..then it died..but there was a whole lot of white smoke.