PDA

View Full Version : barebone necessities to rb25 swap

chlatboy
12-28-2004, 04:19 PM
Hey guys, after searching the net, I've gotten alot of mixed information. Just wondering what are the necessities to haveing the rb25 swapped into a 98 240sx. I almost have enuff for the front clip and my girlfriend is helping me out with the motor mounts and driveshaft. What else would i need to have a running 240 with the rb swap.

Intake?
exhaust?

Im trying to figure out how much more i need to save up to get this thing installed before i actually buy the stuff.

ALso im doing a auto to manual swap which is why im using the front clip. Thanx for any help.

s14 blacktop
12-28-2004, 04:31 PM
fuel pump(ex: walboro 255), clutch pedal off of a 95-98 240sx, master cluch cylinder, slave cylinder, the line from the master cyl. to the slave cyl., 300zx tt fuel pump, this is as far as I know from when I researched into buying a rb25 clip, I changed my mind and bought the cheaper alt. s14 sr. hope this helps.

chlatboy
12-28-2004, 04:50 PM
fuel pump(ex: walboro 255), clutch pedal off of a 95-98 240sx, master cluch cylinder, slave cylinder, the line from the master cyl. to the slave cyl., 300zx tt fuel pump, this is as far as I know from when I researched into buying a rb25 clip, I changed my mind and bought the cheaper alt. s14 sr. hope this helps.

seems as if you got alot of parts for the 5 speed swap? So that means i cant use the parts from the rb front clip to do my 5 speed swap?

chlatboy
12-28-2004, 09:46 PM
Anyone? Any advise will help.

TokyoNights
12-28-2004, 10:24 PM
All the info is out there man you just have to search.
Go here---> http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44002

chlatboy
12-28-2004, 11:10 PM
All the info is out there man you just have to search.
Go here---> http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44002

Yeah i looked into that but it says custom tranny mounts but ppl on the forums never say anything bout tranny mounts. Most say all you need is a front clip, motor mounts and driveshaft. Cant i just use everythng from the clip such as tranny mounts, fuel pump and radiator?

FRpilot
12-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Yeah i looked into that but it says custom tranny mounts but ppl on the forums never say anything bout tranny mounts. Most say all you need is a front clip, motor mounts and driveshaft. Cant i just use everythng from the clip such as tranny mounts, fuel pump and radiator?

probably can make the fuel pump work and maybe custom mount the radiator on. from what i know, the rb is too long and u would have to get ultra slim efans because the radiator fan shroud will not fit!

you would need custom tranny cross member. i think you can use the stock rb25 cross member but only 2 of the bolts line up and your shifter will be an inch or two forward.

Nostradamus
12-29-2004, 02:15 PM
You can use the Skyline mounts, crossmember and tranny mount (you will have to flip it and modify a little). When using the stock Skyline mounts and crossmember you encounter the following obstacles...

1. Sits too high. Hood will have to be gutted where it comes in contact with the intake mani. (not a big problem).

2. The turbo elbow hits the steering shaft. There are 2 solutions...
a. Sand the turbo elbow down (be careful not to go all the way through).
b. Fabricate a metal rod to pull the engine a little and tie it to the strut bolts.

3. Swaybars hit the oil pan. Washers work well to lower the sway bar.

4. Shifter sits a little forward. Nothing you can do about this but it's not a big problem either. If you use an RB20 tranny then the shifter sits perfect.

I had all of these solutions on my RB when it was all stock and it worked just fine. :bow:

chlatboy
12-29-2004, 11:18 PM
So how would the mckinney motormounts help out. I heard it would provide clearance for the hood and it allows me to use the stock KA crossmember

the head
12-30-2004, 07:42 AM
just a heads up fuel pump will not be included in a clip due to it being in the fuel tank

second you will need to find most manual parts besides the tranny because IIRC most of those parts (lines,pedal,ect) are not the same between a skyline and a 240

TokyoNights
12-30-2004, 08:48 AM
So how would the mckinney motormounts help out.
Derf, they would fix all the problems he just listed.