PDA

View Full Version : XM Roady2 question

SittinOnDubsWGW
12-27-2004, 07:50 AM
I gotta question for all of you car audio guys out there. Ok, well my Dad and stepmother got me XM radio for Christmas. The thing is though, that they got me the "Roady 2" xm radio receiver. http://www.xmradio.com/roady2/
I was hoping that they would have just gotten me an XM tuner for my current Alpine deck and whatnot, but its already been activated and they are paying for the XM service as long as I have it.

Is there any way to "hardwire" a power source to this thing and mount it somewhere instead of having to plug it into the cig. lighter. I'm wanting to install this thing as cleanly as possible, and am looking for the best way to do so.

Thanks for any and all help.

The thing about this one thats cool though is that its "portable" and you can add it to the XM boomboxes and whatnot also.

sykikchimp
12-27-2004, 08:08 AM
If it just uses a 12v power source, you should be able to just cut the plug off and wire it into the fuse box under the dash. ...I think..

I did a radar detector this way once..

S14DB
12-27-2004, 10:28 AM
Just tap into the alpine's power source. Use the Decks ground and 12v switched. The Roady is a PITA to move around IMHO.

Adikt
12-29-2004, 10:59 PM
get one of those cigarette lighter extension plugs cut off the male end. wire it up to a 12v source and plug the roady end into it this way u can still keep the fuse. then get urself the delphi fm transmitter amp cuz the wireless modulator in the roady sux and wire that up to ur cars antenna. after that just mount the damn thing somewhere and hide all the wires