PDA

View Full Version : SAFC + 480cc injectors... now flooding

rps13_fastback
12-27-2004, 03:44 AM
Hey guys, I'm having a little trouble after installing s15 480cc injectors in my kouki S14 SR20DET. Before I installed them, my car was running fine with S-AFCII. IN and OUT were both set at 1.

After installing the injectors, the car cranks but doesn't start. We have spark after putting a plug in the coilpack and cranking the motor.

BTW we set the AFC to -23% on both HI and LO to compensate for the bigger injectors.

After pulling the injectors, it seems to be flooded with fuel. We put back the 370cc injectors back in but the same thing happens, cranks but doesn't start, and after pulling it is flooded with fuel.

We did not replace the o-rings on the s15 injectors :smash:. Can that be the problem. I'm going to buy some new ones Monday and see if that solves anything.

Anyone know what could be causing the injectors to flood? And any solutions? This is my first time changing injectors. TIA any help is appreciated

Loofee95SE
12-27-2004, 08:12 AM
If U Replace The Injectors Back To The Original 370cc And Still Flood, Then U Might Need To Check The Afc, Or Check And See That U Didn't Accidently Pop Any Ic Pipping Lose. Just A Thought. C

89s132b
12-27-2004, 10:00 AM
The SAFC cannot compensate for injector size at start-up/closed loop. Your ECU and O2 sensor will control that. start-up/driveability will be much better if you use a ROM tune to compensate for your larger injectors. Still though, with just 480's you shouldn't have much of a problem starting your car. Definately check for leaks or just get new o-rings.

Did you let the pooled fuel evaporte completely before trying the 370's again? I'm guessing you popped the 370's back in right after you flooded your car with the 480's. So your car was still flooded when you tried the 370's and hence the no start.

89s132b
12-27-2004, 10:02 AM
oh, btw if you just want to check for leaks. remove your fuel rail from the intake mani while keeping everything else plugged in/intact. Then turn your key to "on" (not start) and your fuel pump will prime and get the system upto pressure. You should be able to see any leaks if you have them.

rps13_fastback
12-27-2004, 03:19 PM
oh, btw if you just want to check for leaks. remove your fuel rail from the intake mani while keeping everything else plugged in/intact. Then turn your key to "on" (not start) and your fuel pump will prime and get the system upto pressure. You should be able to see any leaks if you have them.

OK we got it running.

We actually waited like 30 minutes before installing 370cc injectors last night, and cleaned off the fuel, but it still wouldn't start.

We did the same, cleaned the area of any fuel (it didn't have much since it sat overnight). I also went by Nissan to buy some new injector o-rings. Last thing we did (although like 89s132b said it doesn't matter at start-up) was changed everything to -23% and also changed the MAFS setting to 5 IN and 5 OUT. Car started up, sputtered a bit, then idled like normal!! A big sigh of relief, thanks guys for all your help