PDA

View Full Version : Oil out of my Blitz BOV

Spdrules5
12-25-2004, 08:06 PM
I changed the oil and may have overfilled it by a 1/3 qt. Now, I have lots of oil in my oil catch can and coming out my BOV (alot) when it opens.
I have checked the oil level and it finally showed below H but still blows oil.

What could cause so much oil to come out the valve cover or the crankcase(both are tied together)? It is alot more than 1/3rd qt.

Twinkie
12-26-2004, 02:48 AM
im guessing its the ussual leak from these kind of BOV's. Ive heard that Blitz bov's tend to leak.

oh yeah...try not to overfill your engine with oil. things liekt his will happen...oil coming from all dkinds of places.

anywho, HKS ssqv bov's are pullers (instead of pushing out air, it sucks in and pulls air)...and will prevent this from happening. maybe considering them BOV's will solve the problem. :bigok:

Spdrules5
12-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Way more pure oil coming out. Tablespoon size every time the BOV opens and closes! I think I damaged something in the head to cause a lot of blow by to push pure oil into the catch can breather lines and then into intake tube, then out BOV, into throttle body, etc.
Just not sure what.

ALTRNTV
12-26-2004, 07:54 PM
A teaspoon everytime it opens? Holy shit, that's alot of oil coming out of the bov. I have a Blitz DD and have no problems with it leaking.

Twinkie
12-27-2004, 02:29 AM
Way more pure oil coming out. Tablespoon size every time the BOV opens and closes!

:tweak:

Oh my gawd...Hmmm that is definately more serious than I thought...Im surprise it even runs with all that leak. :wtf:

Im guessing, since oil flows through the turbo, you might have damaged the turbine or housing somehow for oil to be flowing up? You havent driven it with the leak have you? If so, how is the turbo performing? Check your turbine. Is it also leaking into your pipes, intercooler and what not?

Perhaps you blew your head gasket?

Another thing that I can think of might be some damage to your oil catch tank. Check your hoses, oil lines and stuff.

Other than those...I have no idea man...hope you get that fixed soon.

Nissandriver714
12-27-2004, 03:04 AM
i had the same problem when i had my mr2, every time the blitz bov goes off, it spits out a lot of oil. I did a compression check and sure enough one of the piston ring was gone ( only 50 psi). It might also be bad turbo seals. i recomend you do a compression check.

Loofee95SE
12-27-2004, 08:15 AM
yep, with that amount of oil..its def not the BOV. u engine have serious issues. do a compression check. C

kazuo
12-27-2004, 03:49 PM
Oil seals on the turbine are busted?

Take off your IC and turn it on its side, see how much oil comes out the endtanks... lol

fliprayzin240sx
12-27-2004, 04:53 PM
Ive had an issue similar to this. I had too much oil coming out of the T on the valve cover thats connected into my intake before the turbo. Used to have lil bit of oil off it, then I ran synthetic and i started getting more oil off it. So i just took it off and plugged the bitch. Never had a problem again.

s14 blacktop
01-11-2005, 09:46 AM
sorry for bringing this old thread back up but will pluging that hose up harm the engine cuz I'm thinking of doing this?

Loofee95SE
01-11-2005, 11:36 AM
DO NOT PLUG THAT BREATHER!!! It's there for a reason. gash people..instaed of doing some stupid " just get it over with" thing like that. Why don't you spent your time try to figure out what is causing it, and fix the damn thing. careless people make me sick. C