PDA

View Full Version : gasoline out of exhaust!?!?

SimpleSexy180
12-24-2004, 05:22 PM
ok ive searched real quick but i dont see anybody that had the problem i have now. Simply..everytime i start the car usually only when its cold i see small drops of liquid come out the exhaust and which smells like gasoline and when i drive i can smell the fumes. I dont know if the whole liquid thing is normal but i know i shouldnt be smelling fumes of gas in my car. anybody know what is going on? by the way my dad said the reason i smell fumes is probably becuase of the filler neck. thx...

nightwalker
12-24-2004, 06:03 PM
basically check all fuel system components to make sure you don't have any broken hoses, injectors leaking, etc.

The fluid coming out of your tail pipe, are you sure it's gasoline? It's not unusual to have water coming out the tailpipe.

SimpleSexy180
12-24-2004, 06:17 PM
thx, it might be water i just was kinda like :wtf: . What about the fuel filter?

akihabro
12-25-2004, 12:01 AM
fuel filter will filter out the crap in the gas. they do need to be changed every so often...like an oil filter but not that often.

SimpleSexy180
12-25-2004, 12:26 AM
hey i like your tag man, but yeah, earlier tonight i started messing with the fuel injectors and found out the one closest to the firewall would make the car bog when i would move it a little when the car was running. my dad sprayed some stuff on it and for some reason it didnt make the car bog when i moved it and my car runs better now :coolugh:.