PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Leak

Twinkie
12-21-2004, 03:35 PM
I was warming up my car one day, and noticed a lot of smoke and gas fumes. It was making me light headed. So i checked around my car and notice smoke coming on two sides of my car's rear - The exhaust muffler, and on the left side. i took a flash light and looked under and my resognator had about a quarter (25 cent) size hole on it! i dunno how it happend. im guessing there used to be a hanger on it and it broke off. aww damn!...exhaust leak...

well anyway, is this affecting my car pretty badly if i proceed to drive it with the leak? i notice my car idling crazier. but am i losing gas milage or power or anythign like that?

PinkPanther
12-21-2004, 04:00 PM
This leak wont affect your engine as long as its near the area you described (resonator-muff)but I would be concerned if its leaking into your cabin(common sense). Your biggest concern is that you look like a dirtbag driving around with a exaust leak.

aznpoopy
12-22-2004, 01:12 AM
buy some metal and jb weld it shut. yes its ghetto but it works.

u have a sr20 right? honestly i'd be surprised if it did anything terrible to your car. my girlfriend's FC exhaust had numerous holes and one of the mufflers actually fell off (while driving)... surprisingly the FC seemed to like it. regardless, i would fix it asap, especially if you can smell it while driving (i.e. breathing in exhaust fumes).

Vatche
12-22-2004, 01:40 AM
i was driving my sr today with the 4 nuts holding the turbo to the manifold completely broken off.....i was running manifold out hahaha....it was so funny and loud, but i felt so bad for my car....anywayz getting it fixed again next week

driftyour40
12-22-2004, 01:44 AM
you can also go to a muffler shop and have a new section of pipe welded in. I had to do it once for the same reason cost me 20 bucks.