PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Cobalt adverts.

kazuo
12-09-2004, 11:23 PM
Am I the only one who finds these highly humourous?

You know, it has the new Cobalt, usually with a Vette, and its like a big brother/little brother thing.

The first one has the Cobalt bumping the Vette from the back a few times, until the Vette finally gets "annoyed" and does a SICK ASS DRIFT!!!!11!!!!1 err 180 turn to punk its little brother.

Then in the next one, they are "kicking" a rubber ball in an alley. After the second kick, the Vette does a burnout and "kicks" the ball clear across the street. The Cobalt does a cute little turn and goes after it.

Quite neat.

Has anyone seen any others? Or are these the only two?

They should make it into a TV show.

PinkPanther
12-09-2004, 11:32 PM
I saw one the other day where the two of them are mountain racing neck and neck, the vette gets busted for speeding and pulled over; and the cobalt drives past and smirks at the vette (somehow?) :cj:

nismoenthu
12-09-2004, 11:54 PM
thats the first time ive heard of a american getting pulled over!!

-E-
12-10-2004, 12:09 AM
I actually like those commercials

nismo2491
12-10-2004, 01:50 AM
I love the commercials, they crack me up
KEvin

sepulchral
12-10-2004, 06:06 AM
those commercials are stupid and teh cobalt is ugly

MakotoS13
12-10-2004, 07:39 AM
thats the first time ive heard of a american getting pulled over!!

well now you can add the fact that i've been pulled over close to 40 times in my life to your list of epiphinal realizations for the week.

yeah, its cool... and my god i hope the drift crack was a joke.

jsr20det
12-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Yea, they're hilarious. I havent seen the rubber ball one but the other 2 are great. I say give the cobalt advertisement team a BIG bonus for Christmas as they've greatly influenced many more sales with their work.

Give the Ford team a big termination paper for those shitty ass Five Hundred, and a couple bad mustang commercials.

sykikchimp
12-10-2004, 09:27 AM
yeah.. I definately think those are some cool comercials. and I don't think the cobalt is too bad.. definately an upgrade from the cavalier.

WILDACEX187
12-10-2004, 09:35 AM
205 s/c engine as well. it looks ok, i think they're trying to make it compete with the neon srt but it cant keep up to that beast. the commercials are funny but the advertised website isnt low grade :\

S14DB
12-10-2004, 10:20 AM
Yea, they're hilarious. I havent seen the rubber ball one but the other 2 are great. I say give the cobalt advertisement team a BIG bonus for Christmas as they've greatly influenced many more sales with their work.

Give the Ford team a big termination paper for those shitty ass Five Hundred, and a couple bad mustang commercials.
That 500 one reminds me of my dad harping on how unsafe RWD's are.

nismo2491
12-10-2004, 12:41 PM
the Ford GT (supercar) commercials are beast though
KEvin

Var
12-10-2004, 01:06 PM
I saw one the other day where the two of them are mountain racing neck and neck, the vette gets busted for speeding and pulled over; and the cobalt drives past and smirks at the vette (somehow?) :cj:

It's more like they are doing spirited driving in the mountains, then the vette gets a straightaway and guns it past the cobalt. Later down the road the vette is pulled over as the Cobalt drives by.

the Ford GT (supercar) commercials are beast though

They truly are. The car is being tossed around the racetrack like mad. i thought i had it on my comp but i cant find it anymore. :( anyone have the link?

TUnity2
12-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Jealous? :mrmeph:

kazuo
12-10-2004, 04:39 PM

You're stupid and ugly!

Seriously though, what makes you think they're stupid? I won't argue whether the Cobalt is ugly or not cus I don't care.. I just enjoy the commercials.

I DO like that Mustang commercial with STEVE F'N MC QUEEN tho.

And the new Volkswagon commercial is funny too.

kandyflip445
12-10-2004, 05:56 PM
I like those commercials. I like how the Cobalt gets in front and then sprays the Vette and that's why it takes off.

cali240sxdrifter
12-10-2004, 06:00 PM
theres this one where their in the garage at night... the Cobalt decides to roll down the windows and start bumping music. After a few seconds the Vet wakes up with its HID's turning on. The Cobalt turns the stereo off and roll up the windows. Vet turns off headlights. Few seconds later Cobalt at it again. These ads are really nice.