PDA

View Full Version : manual to power window conversion?

DJ_Sunrise
12-02-2004, 05:30 PM
hey guys i want to convert my manual windows to power.. i can get all the parts id need, but i was wondering if the glass is different b/w manual and power? are there any parts besides motor, cable, door panel that id need?

~Sunrise

Ritz S14
12-02-2004, 05:42 PM
IMO. If you really wanted factory power windows, it would best to get the doors with powerwindows.

Installing an oem power window system can be quite tedious, and can be easily fallen off track. I'm not exactly sure how the Nissans pw systems work, but from dealing/repairing power window and track failures, it's going to be a huge pain in the ass.

Another alternative would to purchase an aftermarket power window system. Easier to install, and possibly cheaper too.

As for he glass, I would say they're the same, just the mount that holde the glass on the bottem is different.

DJ_Sunrise
12-02-2004, 06:18 PM
hmm.. good point man. ill keep that in mind. ahhh screw.. the search continues for black door panels with manual windows !!! :bash:

~Sunrise

projectRDM
12-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Glass is the same, parts are an easy swap over, but due to the alignment procedures it's easier to just swap doors, plus there's no extra work pulling the regulator and harness out.

Aftermarket kits suck, I put them on for 8 years through a local place, we had warranty issues all the time.

Do a search too, there's so more info on exact wiring.

FRpilot
12-03-2004, 12:37 AM
Do a search too, there's so more info on exact wiring.

not really..

HyperTek
12-03-2004, 12:56 AM
just get a power window kit on ebay.. i did that, clean install.. sure its not OEM, but these cars are getting old anyways... I recommented Spal kits. Feel free to ask me about it if u need some info.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/streetphase/gauge.jpg