PDA

View Full Version : after swap problem

mumbles
12-01-2004, 04:35 PM
i have an 89 240sx with an sr swap
i also have an apexi turbo timer and an hks harness
a greddy boost tied into the radio harness
electric fans with a thermo switch connected directly to the batt.

here are the problems. first i can't get the power windows to roll up. i checked all the fuses in the kick panel and in the tray by the batt.

second i have a problem with all the dash lights staying on after i turn off the car.

i was workign on my car swap for a while. i had to get a new ecu so once i had the car done enough to take it for a drive i borrowed a friends ecu to test things. it ran fine except the boost ran too high(fst turbo car so vac lines are probably wrong) so i decided that it was fine and put it back in the garage to finish things and gave back the ecu. after that i hooked up the turbo timer and i turned on the key and watched the timer count down. when it hit 0 i heard the click (no ecu so no running motor) and some stuff turned off, but the timer stayed on and the dash warning lights stayed on. so i decided that it must be because the ecu was the cause. i double checked the product code and the package they both say s13. so i took the car figuring that i could just plug in the ecu and be done. well i borrowed my friends ecu(he was supposed to send it to heavythrottle) to roll my windows up because i thought you needed it to roll the windows up. so i started the car with the timer on and it did not run well. when i hit the gas it just stalled. i pulled hte timer and checked all my plugs on the engine. then re started the car. now it runs fine. then after a while it just stopped running right when i was going to take it for a drive. the dash lights stayed on again after i pull the key out. we checked the wiring a zillion times for the main harness. so now i am lost
any suggestions?

the head
12-01-2004, 05:15 PM
windows: sounds like you had the window relay go out

other problems i would guess stem from the turbo timer could be that the pinouts on the apexi timer and hks harness are not the same hence the misoperation personally i would ditch the timer and see if that helps

mumbles
12-03-2004, 08:29 AM
i did and it does the same

mumbles
12-04-2004, 05:05 PM
looks like i found out a plug that was not pluged in all the way and that took car of the window problem.
but for the rest of the problem it looks like it was a low voltage problem. the batt will be fully charged and i will drive it then after a while it starts to act up and then die. so i ahve ruled it down to the alt. does anybody know where i can get a new alt? or if there is a car in the us that i can get one from?

statik
12-04-2004, 05:34 PM
if ur dash lights arent going off, its prolly an ECU ground, mine did that when my ECU wouldnt shut off right, id take the keys out and the lights on the dash were lit and the ECU was still on