PDA

View Full Version : subframe help

Vicious
11-30-2004, 11:25 PM
are the 300zx and the 240sx fastback subframes the same? (just wondering since alot of 300zx parts could go on the fastback. and anyone know how to make the one windshield wiper trick?

driftyour40
12-01-2004, 01:16 AM
the search butten will set you free. :fawkd:

idlafie
12-01-2004, 01:49 AM
. and anyone know how to make the one windshield wiper trick?

Yep....been there...done that..on an S14 TOO!!! hahahahaha...

Find any website that sells the S13 one windshield wiper control arm linkage and buy it from them. All you have to do to go from two wipers down to one is remove the windshield wiper motor from the firewall and unclip it from the ball joint linkage behind the firewall. Remove the short wiper arm assembly that is attached via a bolt to the motor & place the S13 control arm linkage on the wiper arm motor & bolt it back up. Then take the entire wiper motor assembly with the new linkage arm & reconnect back to the ball joint linkage, then rebolt everything back to the firewall.

It's pretty easy to do and doesn't require much tools. About the only hard part you'll have are 1). removing the extra windshield wiper arm & 2), getting the linkage on & off the ball joint linkage underneath the firewall. 3). Adjusting it so the wiper arm goes to the right spot. You'll understand once you've got everything apart.

After I did the install, (Mav1178 wanted me to try it out for a friend's shop), I showed it both to Mav1178 & to JDM_Rice......they both had a good laugh at my expense....hahaha... but we proved it could be done on a S14. I kept it for about a month but decided to go back to the regular two arm...one wiper arm just looked too damn ricey for me......

Anyhow....hope this helps...

ID

Oh...and as for the one wiper....it doesn't really work too well during a heavy downpour....it's got too much of an area on the windshield that it has to cover...even on the HI/FAST setting, it's just takes too damn long to clean the raindrops off the glass to see.

projectRDM
12-01-2004, 03:15 AM
Z32 subframe is one inch wider. Will not fit.

mr_240sx
12-01-2004, 09:42 AM
or for the one wiper thing, you can do a ghetto setup. all you do is taka the driver side wiper off then loosen the poassenger side wiper bolt and just re-position the passenger side wiper a little higher and then re-tighten it. Its a 5 minute job max!

projectRDM
12-01-2004, 11:41 AM
or for the one wiper thing, you can do a ghetto setup. all you do is taka the driver side wiper off then loosen the poassenger side wiper bolt and just re-position the passenger side wiper a little higher and then re-tighten it. Its a 5 minute job max!

And looks absolutely queer as hell too.

mr_240sx
12-01-2004, 09:02 PM
And looks absolutely queer as hell too.
i cant agree more! :bigok: i did it one my s13 and after a few weeks, thought it looked too ricey, so i now run with no wipers on the car!